Sunday, July 29, 2007

Coming Out of the Dark?

We are now living in a 4 bdrm, 2 bth duplex on an old Air Force Base. Hubby & I both have work. I resigned my post at the YMCA 2 weeks ago due to some foolishness that was going on behind the scenes. Last week I got hired at a place called 'The W'. I am now in management for the first time with salary and I think this is a place that I can really dig in. My new job is only 2 miles from where we live so Winter snow will not be much of a problem.

Been putting my horse skills to good use working with disabled children in a Therapeutic Riding program. I am finding it very rewarding to work in this capacity. We help stretch twisted little limbs and put kids on horses. Riding strengthens core muscles and increases confidence. It encourages Autistic children to come out of their shells more. A lot of these kids will never run and feel the wind in their faces. The horses help give them some of that. One person leads the horse while 2 of us walk/jog along beside. If the child falls, we catch them.

I've been biking quite a bit. (Lost a total of 30lbs throughout this ordeal and want to keep it off.) Hope to race next year...

Jay & I are still trying to salvage whats left of our relationship in order to keep this family together.

Well, we aren't celebrating too much yet, but it looks like MAYBE, just maybe we are seeing some kind of light at the end of the tunnel now...

10 comments:

Erin said...

Thank you for sharing what's been going on. I keep thinking about you and praying for you guys.

The horse thing sounds like a very interesting job. I bet the kids love that.

Congrats on the new job and glad you are liking it.

Livingsword said...

Great to hear form you Trailady! Sounds like things are looking a bit better.

I have worked with the disabled for over twenty years, plus done lots of volunteer work with them. For several years I was involved with the physically and mentally disabled and therapeutic riding.

It is absolutely amazing what riding these horses and experiencing the support of those who are willing to assist will do for people in these situations. It changes lives, the lives of everybody involved. Great to hear about the weight loss but your image does not seem to portray you as needing the loss of any weight, photo shop? :)

Unknown said...

Keep the faith!

Don said...

The universe and the Source of it is good. This good news helps show us the truth of that statement. I am so happy for you. Follow your heart as things continue to develop. He only wants the best for you.

sage said...

It's great to hear some positive news... be strong and keep the faith.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Sounds like things are turning for the better. I like the sound of your rel. with Jay. Keep on trying at that. I hope and pray for you guys to stay together.

The horse job sounds cool, and so right for you. I'm sure things are still a struggle, but better. I'm starting to get tired of seeing myself in this second hand Scandinavian sweater, but don't have another good, recent pic to use.

Fallen Angel said...

I'm so happy good things are happening for you.

Don't bee afraid to celebrate.

Been thinking about you.

I think you would be a great manager. My manager is a cross between Ursula and Medusa. Wish you could switch places with her.

Bright blessings to you and your family.

Gingers Mom said...

I've been concerned about you. It sounds like things are starting to clear a little. I know you love your husband. I will continue to pray that God will lead you back to the love you 2 share.

Trailady said...

Thanks to Everyone for the great comments!! I've been SOOOO busy- haven't had much time for blogging. I do hope to get back into the groove soon.

Hope all is well for each of you!

SocietyVs said...

Congrats on all the good things you and Jay have come upon - I always said you deserved it - you seem like such a great person. This is good news - the stressful times have dies down - now the both of you can get to fixing of the relationship (wishing you the best in that!).