Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Lonely Valentines

Okay, someone please explain men to me!!!

Originally, my man & two of the kids were going to head up to MI with the truck the day after we closed on the house and I would follow with the others 2 weeks later. But he was upset that we wouldn't get to be together for Valentine's Day. (Well, this was a very pleasant surprise as I didn't think he gave a flying flip for stuff like that.) So, then the plan changed and we decided to hold off so we could drive up together. I was all excited because now we could do something special for Valentines. Ohhhh, the ideas I had. But, alas, it's not meant to be. Monday after I closed on the house, he gets a phone call from somebody he's worked for in the past and decides to go off on a trip down to Louisiana all week to earn some money instead.

How can men take these things so lightly? Work always seems to win out over romance and of course, the lack of time together can greatly diminish romance.

Wish I could just shut off my romance button. I'm sooo that way. Valentine's Day and stuff like that means a lot to me. Wish I didn't like flowers and dinners out and having my man in bed with me every night. Can't sleep well when he's gone. It's nearly 3am and here I sit, because he'll be home sometime tonight and I am too excited to go to sleep. SIGH.

He says we'll go out this weekend to make up for it, but it's just not the same. Oh well... When life gives you lemons, make lemonade- right?!

5 comments:

Lily said...

I think with men, especially when finances have been somewhat of a struggle, tend to want to earn as a show of their love. For many men, it's their greatest joy to provide for their families.

Trailady said...

Hi Lily, Yes, this is true and I'm glad he's a provider. Guess I was just hoping that after closing on the house he would relax a little. Looks like he will be going back to school in MI- which would mean he could earn more for the effort he puts in. :o)

Trailady said...

PS. He's home now. We made up for lost time and I'm feeling MUCH better now. ;o)

sage said...

I would be a hypocrite if I said I was any different. I hope things are working out for your move--MI isn't as cold as we were two weeks ago.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Can't say much when I'm just living with my parents!