Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wierd!

Have you ever felt two ways about one situation? It's an unsettling feeling. We're moving to MI in just a few weeks- in a way I'm excited. Honestly, I would do anything to see my man happy again!
He announced this week that he possibly wants to go back to school. This time for X-ray Technician- a 2 year program. His family is willing to help him out financially. I'm happy that he has finally reached some kind of conclusion as to what direction he wants to go with his life. It's a good fit for him job-wise.

At the same time, I'm so very sad to be leaving MofM and my awesome circle of friends and adopted parents here. I feel split down the middle. Is this normal? I mean, shouldn't you just feel strongly happy or sad- not both?? I'm so wierd!! It was nice to think for a while that we could finally put down some roots. God MUST have a reason for this though, and I simply need to breathe and trust that ALL things work together for GOOD.

We closed on the house yesterday- finally! It's been a long, drawn out process, but I'm glad that's behind us. The family who bought it is very nice and I think they will be very happy here. At the same time, I feel sadness. We came here with dreams & ideas for ways to develop the property and improve the house. All of that fell by the wayside when hubby lost his career.

So, we're moving forward and hoping for a brighter future up North...

7 comments:

Dustin said...

God's peace to you and your family as you begin this new wondrous, yet scary, new phase in life.

Lily said...

I think it's normal to have mixed feelings about many things in life. You are both gaining something and losing something in this move; and your feelings will reflect that.

Moving is never easy. I echo Dustin's prayer.

Don said...

As humans, being torn in several directions is perfectly normal IMHO. Blessings to you and yours as you make the transition.

Trailady said...

Dustin, Thank you for the well-wishes!

Lily, Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Don, I guess it's part of the human condition. I believe that God originally created us to know only joy- never sorrow and certainly never the torment of feeling both. Dunno fer sure, but that's my theory & I'm sticking to it. :o)

Unknown said...

Be safe!

Roseuvsharon said...

In a perfect world, perhaps we would not be experiencing conflicting emotions at the same time. However, it must be painfully obvious to us all that this is certainly not a perfect world.

So hang on sister! Shed a tear, jump for joy and cling to Jesus!

Fallen Angel said...

An X-ray technician is a very steady and reliable job, and I think they pay pretty well. He will always have a job, like me. I even thought about doing ultrasound tech, which is kind of similar. I'm very happy for you. I know you are sad, but I think it will be good to leave a place where so much negativity and loss happened. I don't know how you move so much. I get so comfortable in "my space" and never want to leave. You are very flexible and adaptable - this is a good character trait, one that I don't have. I think he will be happy, I even think school should be fun for him. Its amazing to discover how the body works. And helping people is very satisfying (usually). I think you should think about being a nurse someday. You are bright, and caring, and energetic. You must feel so relieved about the house closing. Must feel like you can finally breathe. And the Spring is a wonderful time to move. Its almost like a sign. New life, new energy. Everything is coming up new and beautiful and refreshed. I love spring (in Phoenix it seems like a the few days before hell hits - so the days are treasured). Just wanted to stop by and say hi and congratulations. Sometimes in life, if certain "bad" things didn't happen, we would never choose a different path. A better path that we didn't even know existed.
Good luck, and keep writing.
Barb