Thursday, November 08, 2007

I Think...

I think what makes someone wise is not necessarily knowing all the answers. Greater wisdom is found in knowing how to ask a lot of intelligent questions.

I think the shortest path to healing is to try and give to someone else the very things you were never given. To invest in others what nobody invested in you. To see and develop potential in others that people failed to nurture in you. Help someone bring to life the very dream you may never come to realize for yourself.

I think that if you have ever been deeply in love- even if it was only once or a very long time ago, you should count yourself lucky. Cherish that memory and never let it go. There are many people who have never had a soulmate.

I think the best motivator is to speak kindly to someone and know how to truly listen.

I think words are one of the greatest gifts we possess. In times of joy or pain, words draw a picture of what the heart feels and opens a window, offering a glimpse into the deepest regions of the soul.

I think every woman should have the chance to comfort a man. Every man should know the feeling of being helpless in a womans arms. She is very powerful in this way.

I think God is in and with and surrounding us all. He is a powerful presence manifested through the power of love.

I think music is magic. It releases all that our words cannot express. Sadness, anger, gratitude and hope. I love instrumental music- it allows my heart to interpret what the composer was trying to say. Everyone should attend the symphony at least once.

I think life is lived best when one is familiar with a wide range of experiences and has considered a vast array of thoughts.

I think the most genuine prayer is silent and is comprised mostly of the wishes you have toward those you hold dear in your heart.

I think there are some wounds that will never heal in this lifetime. You may keep yourself distracted or learn to cope more efficiently. The sting may lesson a little as years go by. All it takes to re-open the wound is one statement from some unknowing or insensitive person, one nightmare and the pain is back.

I think you must be brave and try MANY things before you know what it is that you truly love most.

3 comments:

Don said...

I see you haven't lost your touch for writing. What a wonderful post. You have to keep writing. You may not realize it but you are an inspiration to many people, including me. I have had a life of relative ease (thank God). There have been trials, hard times, suffering, but as I read the stories of my fellow travelers, I see my life pales by comparison. It is a blessing to read of others, like yourself who have struggled and come through stronger for it. Know that you are loved and appreciated.

Erin said...

That's all I can say, too.

Amen.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

It's true that prayer can be as simple as a wish for someone else to see things straightened out...

good to read your thoughts.