Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Promotion!

Yesterday we had a staff meeting at 1:00, during which an official from the Health Department came and informed us that due to many of the programs that have been implemented since I was hired, we qualify for an $8,000 grant from the state! They will be cutting us a check in the next few weeks!!

After that meeting, met with Barry & Bill who seem very pleased. My title has now been upgraded from a Coordinator to Fitness & Wellness Director. They are having new business cards made for me to reflect the change. Even though it won't affect my income very much, this is going to look SO good on any future resume. But, I couldn't ask for a better management team to work with. I don't see myself movin' on anytime soon... Love my job! It has enabled me to become the family breadwinner.

Hubby is still tired and only working part time while he's in school. I've been doing 10 hr days, some weekends and wearing a number of different hats at the 'W'. That doesn't leave much time for blogging. Walking away from the desk job at the YMCA was one of the best moves I've made in my life. I feel this current position has given me an opportunity to make a real difference for the poor and suffering in this community. It is very rewarding to be able to help in this way.

I'm so happy about this promotion, my head is spinning right now! Feel like celebrating fer sure, but it'll have to wait until this coming weekend. Once in a while, hard work DOES get recognized. ;o)

Now, if the blasted financing will go through so I can buy the house next door, life will be feeling a little more normal. I'd like nothing more than to be settled in before Christmas. Lots of changes on the horizon...

It's SNOWING- big beautiful flakes. It was like a magical wonderland driving home last night.

It was the best day I've had in a VERY long time...

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

Good to see things are on the upswing for you. I stopped by here a while back and have now read through a few of your older posts.

I can't wait for the snow to start falling here. That first one is always so pretty and welcomed.

Brian said...

Good for you TL. I hope life starts turning around for you and Jay keeps growing. I know it's been rough and I think about you a lot and wonder how you're doing. I hope hanging by a thread becomes sturdy fabric soon for you and your family.

sage said...

Congratulations there! Hopefully this is a sign of a change in direction!

Erin said...

I already posted a comment but I think it vanished??

I just wanted to say how happy I am that you are liking your job. Glad they are appreciating you; you sound better, happier.

I don't enjoy the snow, but that's because around here it is so rare that everything comes to a screeching halt. It's nuts.

Still praying for you and yours.

Fallen Angel said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. It feels so good to be good at something and to have people appreciate it. Not just to be nice, but because you are really good at it. You must be doing great things for that company if you helped them get an $8000 grant. WOW. I'm impressed. Businesses don't just part with that kind of money unless you've really done something great.
Congratulations!!!!!

I'm glad you've found a good place to be.

Don said...

As I read your post, I can "feel" and "hear" the joy in your heart. That is such a marvelous thing! It's been a while since I heard and felt that in your posts. It gives me great joy to know that you and your family are turning a corner. Peace and great blessings!

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I didn't realize the posting was "happening" again. You really have had a rough time of it. Reading your last post makes that clear. And your strength is evident in this one. God has given you that and I'm glad for it!