Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wise Sayings...

"Though rapture brings us delight, the weakness of our nature at first makes us afraid of it, and we need to be more resolute and courageous in life." ~ Saint Teresa of Ávila

"We do not stop playing because we get older. We get older because we stop playing." - Unknown

"It's just life. Not meant to be understood, just meant to be lived." - Dale Shepherd

"The way to a good life is not in playing it safe. At the end of our years, we should come skidding in sideways, hands in the air, body thoroughly worn out yelling, "Whoo-hooo, what a ride!" - Unknown

"Life does not favor the timid. Sooner or later we all must depart. Knowing this full well, we should not be resigned to fate, but go out as lions." - Unknown

These sayings totally ring true for me. Sometimes the things that would make us the happiest are those we fear the most. We cannot allow fear to rule our lives. I am still learning how to take necessary risks. To believe in one's self is not easy. There will always be nay-sayers, but time is short, embrace life to it's fullest!

Sometimes we do not feel we deserve happiness and deny ourselves the joy of many experiences. Some feel they are holier for this. Others refuse to expand their minds by considering other points of view. Is this really the best way? Why is it we can only seem to believe in a God that denies enjoyment? Is the idea of a God who created us to find pleasure in living TODAY so far fetched??

What then? I'm not saying act the fool or be stupid with your life. One must be wise about each undertaking. But moving ahead with little support and no guarantee of success when the odds are stacked against you is what separates the dogs from the pups.

People can say what they want about me, I'm not gonna stop playing. There's a part of me that will NEVER grow up and I'm okay with that. It's workin' for me and my kids think I'm a cool Mom for this very reason. These days I'm up for just about anything. Skating, skiing, dancing, dreaming, driving, racing. Heck, I may even go parachuting. If I can find some big guy I can trust to take me up, I may just go for a tandem jump out of a plane one of these days...

I grew up WAY too fast. I was strict and serious far too long. My new approach in life is to go for it 'til I'm all played out. Work? Oh YES and plenty of it, but ya gotta have fun in life. In order to have a strong sense of self, you must take the risk of being misunderstood. I'm NOT afraid anymore.

4 comments:

Don said...

It's great to see you spread your wings....But I have just one question:

Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane??

Anonymous said...

Way to go Girl!!! Don't let anyone, anything, or the enemy hold you back from enjoying life to the fullest! Don't ever lose your joy.

sage said...

Good thoughts! I still want to one day skydive!

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

This is a unique post. Good quotes!