Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm SO Dense!

Yes, this IS a genuine, certifiable fact. For all the thinking and studying I do, I am quite slow. Must be, or I would've figured things out by now.

Some say I need to pray more, to surrender more, to work harder. I'm exhausted, so now what? Perhaps this is the point God wants each of us to reach so that we will finally surrender?? Yes, some firmly believe that God Himself is sending this long series of trials. I must ask, is this really the way God deals with us? If I were to beat someone up in a backstreet with a club until they could no longer walk, would they truly love and delight in me? Certainly NOT- they would be terrified. So to those who feel justified is saying these trials are the scourge of God upon my family- I THINK NOT!
Others say it is the Devil doing this. If so, then it is only because God allows him to have his way.
Still again, others say that it's simply a matter of making poor choices. How is following what you think to be God's leading a poor choice?

I give up! I'll do my best to muddle through and forget about trying to understand what God is trying to pound through my thick skull. Perhaps it will miraculously dawn on me just out of the blue someday, but for now- it's too exhausting to try and figure it out...

4 comments:

Sam!! said...

Hi,

Well my dear friend life is not same for all n no one's life is perfect and i can understand n i do accept that whenever we get into any prob or trouble seriously in life we do get negative n start loosing our faith in God. But u know sis no matter what God is the only one who love us most in this whole world, He is the one who created us than how can He leave us alone in any trouble. Yeah He do take exams and those who are most dearest to God n whom He gave strength n make strong enough He put them into bit more toughtest exams of life just to reward them more n differentiate them n make them a bench mark for others. Whenever i get into any trouble in life i always think that i m a special person of God thats y He bring me such a tough prob bcoz He trust me that i wud never let down Him no matter n wud loose my faith in Him and i do beleive that one day He gonna bring me best results to it.

So always remember u r truely someone special n sis u r always in my prayers.

Takecare n stay healthy.

Don said...

I am coming, slowly to an understanding that we create what comes to us in life. Please understand I am not saying something like, "you brought all these trials and burdens on yourself". That is not at all what I am saying. This is a concept I am still examining and studying . I certainly have had my trials and hardships myself, but not as your's has been. I hurt for your situation and thin of you often. I am doing my best to create good things for my life and my family. "Be of good cheer", the Bible tells us. I think there is a lot, lot more to that simple request. I think we may have a lot of control over the direction our lives take than we ever dreamed we do. Blessings to you and yours.

Trailady said...

Hello Samrina, You are right when you say that God loves us. This, I believe with all my heart. It is the only thing that has kept me going at times...

Don, Yes, I understand what you are saying. I think that God allows a lot of freedom in this life. I am trying to learn how to be thankful in hard times. Those reading my blog must think that I am the most depressed, self-pitying person, but I express these negative feelings in this blog and remain cheerful to those I interact with. I have never lost my resolve to be pleasant in my daily life. I think God has me right where He wants me right now and although I sometimes buck at that, I'm going to stop trying to figure it out and just accept that I am where I am until He decides to advance me. There is a certain peace that comes with this admission. :o)

timits said...

Hi Trailady,

This is my first time to your blog and I'm sorry but I don't have any verses for you. From the little you said about your husband in another post I can identify a little and also the pain that it can cause.

I hope that the days ahead will be better for you all and that each day there will be at least one thing to grab hold of and enjoy.

Peace and blessing from Australia,
Ian