Saturday, December 09, 2006

Accomplishment

"In the end, you're measured not by how much you undertake, but by what you finally accomplish." - Donald Trump

Easy for him to say- he's richer, more powerful and successful by far than many of us will ever be. In worldly terms he's a real giant of achievement. Truly, he worked his way up and deserves to enjoy his accomplishment.

Sometimes I feel like all I'll ever do is try and never succeed. As life drifts by year after year, I am beginning to realize that perhaps I will never accomplish any of my dreams. In a spiritual sense, I'm glad I'm not graded by God on how much I accomplish.

I still think that in this life we have a warped sense of success. The man with the most toys and the biggest bank account still dies. How many times we laughed, played and danced upon the earth and passionately caring for the people in our lives is more important in my book.

8 comments:

Dustin said...

It is quite an interesting thing we have here in humanity, in that we reward those who have already achieved, received and been blessed and ignore those that have been neglected, oppressed and forgotten.

Life is what you make of it, not what you gain and possess. Great post, TL.

Trailady said...

"Life is what you make of it, not what you gain and possess."

So true, Dustin!

Lily said...

"How many times we laughed, played and danced upon the earth and passionately caring for the people in our lives is more important in my book."

I love this. Thanks for cheeing me up!

Oh, and I like the new look.

sage said...

I've never been impressed by Trump and even less impressed with him following his stupid shows on TV. He's no model for success or for life. It's all a game for power, and it's so seductive that we often get sucked in and it's so hard to break out of it once your sucked in. Life is about faithfulness, not success.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I sure know what you mean. I feel I have relational things that Trump doesn't probably have, but I'd love to truly prosper financially, and wonder when or if....

QUASAR9 said...

Always a hard one:
should we callous and ruthless
"the ends justify the means"
after all not many got rich by not being a little mean - other than those who won the lottery or struck oil.

But I guess Windows would not be windows if Bill gates had not striven to make it so, and what's his name from Apple had not been on his tail.

QUASAR9 said...

The sad bit, is that we sometimes are more forgiving of the powerful and rich for their savagery ...

what is the difference between Pinochet & Saddam - other than that one is dead

Trailady said...

Hi Lily, thanks- glad you like the new look of my blog. :o)

Sage, You'd think a guy with so much money could have better hair. LOL

Brian, Thanks for stopping by. I'm SO glad I was finally able to get pictures posted!

Quasar9, "The sad bit, is that we sometimes are more forgiving of the powerful and rich for their savagery ..." Sad, but true. You are so profound!