Wednesday, December 13, 2006

One Step at A Time...

Our house sold! We won't come out with tons of equity, but that's to be expected since we only lived here 2 yrs. Jay has been driving a 1985 auto for 2 yrs now- it's literally falling apart. We've come out far enough ahead to get a new (used) vehicle, start our savings toward a future home-building project and give a large chunk to our Producer over in Nashville. Yes, we are moving forward with our CD! Pieces of the puzzle seem to be falling into place.... slowly, but surely....

Gave our chickens away to the neighbors and they wished us well. Found out, in addition to the racoons and possums that were killing our hens outside, two chicken hawks found a way into our barn and were wiping out the chickens inside! Smart critters! Though I don't like what they were doing, I do respect their intelligence in figuring out how to perch on the side of the barn, squeeze through a small gap between the wall and the roof to get in and feed. Amazing!! We won't have chickens again until we are able to build a home in the country and a proper barn to house them. Chalk this lot up to experience.

Gave my notice at the YMCA today- my last day there will be Feb 2. We will be renting a house in GA until we get back on our feet financially. It's in town (big sigh) but only temporary. I will cut way back on my hours, or perhaps not even work after we move. Hate to switch the kids schools halfway through the year AGAIN, but that's unavoidable.

The Praise Dance recital went very well. We did 2 songs: 'Come Holy Spirit' and 'In this Sanctuary'. My husband- who tends to be very unemotional came up hugging me in tears afterward saying, "That was so beautiful Baby, I was sure blessed by that ministry. You girls did a great job". He was not the only one, so we feel that strongholds were broken that night in the name of The Lord. Of course, there were a few 'holier than thous' totally offended by our slow, worshipful routines, graceful arm movements and SLOW, conservative songs, but I guess that's always to be expected. Can't please everyone. My question to these people is always, "When did God make YOU an authority over the Bible?" The Bible repeatedly talks about praising the Lord in the dance. Miriam danced, David danced, it's likely that Jesus Himself, being of Jewish heritage also danced. There is NO sin in movement- those who can't separate Holy dance from sexual club dancing are no experts!! So, I'm totally continuing this activity- unless God Himself speaks to my heart, I will continue to lift my hands and praise Him in this way. Not sure where I am with the whole religious thing- still sorting it out. The things I've witnessed/experienced the past 2 years have really BLOWN my mind in that respect and have reshaped my thinking. People can claim to be Christian, but actions can show otherwise. The wounds go deep and I'm sick of people saying we have no right to feel anger. When they say that- it's a slap in the face. In essence they are saying, "You shouldn't have any feelings. You have no rights. Snap to it and forget all about it." This is highly insensitive. It's kinda hard to "forget all about it" when you have to live with the results of their mistreatment on a daily basis. I can be angry about what happened without hating anyone. Yes, it's possible! The Bible says, "Be angry, but do not sin". Here's what I've learned recently:

1) Being Christian gives NO right to judge or condemn people who don't think like you.
2) Being Christian doesn't mean you have a right to exert your influence/control over others.
3) Being a Christian doesn't mean you have all the answers.
4) Being Christian doesn't mean being preachy all the time.
5) Being Christian doesn't mean you won't suffer- even if you pay a faithful tithe. There are NO guarantees in this life for Christians or non-Christians. Sunlight and rain fall on the Godly and Ungodly alike.

PS. "Ro Hunter" and anyone else who wants to leave nasty, negative little comments just out of the blue, I will not take you seriously. I will delete you- so don't waste your time! I don't mind people respectfully disagreeing with me, but ignorance and backhanded comments are not welcome here. Go chase yourself!

8 comments:

Lily said...

It sound to me like the sale of your house and other arrangements that have come together mean you ARE on the right *trail* (forgive the pun).

I don't know why God is so much the God of the 11th hour, when we get to a breaking point, but fact is, He is. But I guess that's what "I AM" really means. It means no matter what "HE IS".

It's when we get to the place where we are crying and pounding on the steereing wheel where God gets to be big for us. I don't know all the details of your life, but it seems from where I sit that God has *moved* for you recently, and I'm glad.

Bless you, Lily.

Trailady said...

Thanks Lily, I think so too. I feel that my head is being lifted up and this is good. We have been struggling so long, I've nearly forgotten the laughing, light-hearted, resilient person that I once was. Sometimes I think life is like labor, hard pains, then a rest, then hard pains again and a shorter rest, then really hard pains close together and very little rest and you have to push hard, but at the end of that process- a new life emerges...

Lily said...

Excellent analogy.

"A new life emerges..."

I love that.

Gingers Mom said...

I haven't been over much lately. Sorry abou that. I miss reading your blog. It is always so uplifting. I LOVE your new picture up. You are such a beautiful woman. Your hair is gorgeous!
I'll have to take some time to read back and understand why you're moving. Congrats on selling your house. I wish you luck and blessings in your new home.
BTW, I loved your list about being a Christian. Leave the judgement for someone much greater than ourselves.

Kristin (Gingers Mom)

Andy said...

TL - spot on, sister. It blows me away that so many "Christians" pick and choose that which they want to follow, and completely ignore Jesus' teachings on judgement. Jesus Himself said that He was the mediator, and that there was going to be One who would do the judging on the last day. Jesus also reminded us that we were NOT to judge others, lest we look at the log in our own eyes.

Or look at Paul's comments in Romans 2 about judging. Scripture is very clear on this point, and it saddens me that so many choose a path of legalism. It is a line I continue to walk carefully, because it is an easy trap to fall into, and I find myself checking myself over and over to make sure that I avoid it.

It doesn't always work, but God's there to pick me up everytime.

My prayers are with you in this time of transition!

Unknown said...

I was both saddened and surprised to read that you viewed my COMMENTS - which should have been taken as such, not as the insult which you so obviously chose to take from them - as less than welcome.

Perspective, in any sphere of life, is important. Sure, my attitude and opinions come for a far different place to yours. Though it’s ironic that your response to my comments stomped with big heavy boots all over the first four points of the ‘things you’ve learnt recent’ you noted in this post. It leads me to wonder whether you learnt them well enough.

My comments were not intended to hurt or insult. If they did, you have my sincere and abject apologies. They were intended to point out that there are other ways, other alternatives, to the situations and emotions you’ve described in your blog – a blog which I took the time and trouble to read BEFORE commenting.

You can delete any post of mine you wish. This is your blog and you’re entitled to run it any way you choose. But to treat a stranger with views and forms of expression which differ from your own in such as dismissive and close-minded manner does you and your beliefs little credit.

You may be the author of your own misfortunes, both in life and in your understanding of your place in this world. You should be more open to people, to ideas and to those who take the time to offer you their perspective and their thoughts. I don’t agree with you, but I read your writing and will continue to do so.

‘Cos one day you may have something to teach me :-)

best wishes,

ro.

Dustin said...

Congrats, TL. I am glad that things are working out for you and your family. God bless.

Trailady said...

Hi Kristen, thanks for stopping by-always nice to hear from you.

Andy, Balance is always hard to find and maintain- I think we are naturally prone to extremes.

Ro, I have been flamed several times on this blog- many times from 'Anonymous'- which is why I no longer allow anonymous comments. If you've been reading my blog all along as you say, then you would've known this. I'm a sensitive person. Your comment seemed blunt at best. My response was trying to be humorous. (Comment about "nice legs", etc.)
I'm the first to admit that I don't have it all together. I don't know you, you've never commented on my blog before or introduced yourself, nor can I read your blog to learn where you are coming from. If you are legit-great and I apologize. I'm friends with people from many persuasions, but I do not welcome flamers- and rightfully so.