Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Thought Provoking Poetry...

Don't look for the flaws as you go through life;
and even when you do find them
It is wise and kind to be somewhat blind,
and look for the virtue behind them
For the cloudiest night has a hint of light
Hope somewhere in shadow is hiding
It is better by far to hunt for a star
than the spots on the sun abiding.

The world will never adjust itself
to suit every whim to the letter
Some things may go wrong your whole life long,
and the sooner you know it the better.
It is folly to struggle with the Infinite,
and go under at last while you wrestle
The wiser ones shape unto God's plan,
as the water shapes into the vessel.

My Daddy wrote a letter- not to me but to my husband. This is a RARE thing. I can count on one hand the number of letters I have ever received from my Dad over the years so this is BIG. His letter packet included a book and this old poem. Author is unknown. I really like it though and of course it's special to finally hear something from my Dad during this trial.
Folks, it's no exaggeration to say that our lives have been a terrible struggle, all but completely unsettled the last 14 yrs following the radio ministry all over the country and the various challenges that brought. However, the last 5 yrs took the cake! Anything that could go wrong did and now we're moving AGAIN! We tried so hard to 'Count it all joy', but eventually you get worn down to nothing and the effort taxes an exhausted mind, body and spirit until it can no longer make the choice to be hopeful. We know what it feels like to be stretched to the breaking point and held there.

Last night on my way to work I cried. Evenings used to be a special gathering time for us over the years- even when Jay couldn't be home, the kids and I would read or tell stories, watch a movie, play games or sit by the fire. Now because of my crazy work schedule, I miss out on that a lot. I pounded the steering wheel and shouted to God, "What do you want from us? Tell us and we'll do it, but You've got to give us some kind of indication what Your plan for us is and help something work out in our favor. I can't live this way any longer!" A sense of calm came over me- I cannot describe it except to say that I suddenly felt quite warm inside and calm- my anger and frustration evaporated. The Voice that speaks inside me said, "Wait just a little longer... I'm not done with you or Jay. I still have a purpose for you and I will bring things to pass for your good." (I still feel a sense of peace.)
Our house is for sale- take a virtual tour of our property here: https://osa.prudentialproperties.com/id/start.aspx?photos=1&propid=214R000129377#tblPhotos We like this place, just can't afford it without killing ourselves to pay for it, so it must go. We are currently in serious negotiations with one of several potential buyers right now, but had NO IDEA where to go from here. Obviously because of our current financial situation we aren't coming out with much equity, so our options were quite limited. When I got home last night, my man told me that we now have a place to rent down in Georgia and that he will be working in greater capacity with a businessman we know and trust. This means, we will have a lot more money and I won't have to work- or at least not so many hours away from home. Still don't have all the answers, but this is definitely a step in the right direction!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Our prayer is truly, "come Lord Jesus!!" My life is full of trouble, trailady. I think it's worse than yours. I am going to do a post about how we are indeed under attack. It's because you are such a good and godly person that your life is hard.

I am under attack constantly. My life has never just been breezing along. I am always coming up against something truly hard. The real life battle, if we could see the spiritual realm more clearly, would look like Lord of the Rings.

It was at the most precious times, when I hungered for God the most, that I had the most horrible things happen. God caused these things? I don't think so. I think we have an enemy that is often out of our control.

Trailady said...

Hi Gabrielle, I'm sure your life hasn't been easy either! I'd like to think that it's because I'm a Godly person. I certainly have a heart for Him- however when the string of bad luck lasts over a decade, because of a low spiritual self-esteem, we start wondering if God is punishing us for something.
You are 100% correct when you say that we have an enemy out of our control. He seeks to destroy us- one little piece at a time.
It's especially hard to bear when you look around and see things work out so beautifully for many of your friends and acquaintances.
We have asked ourselves so many times, "What are we doing wrong?". However, I'm learning that life is just plain hard and it's not always necessarily because you are wrong- that's just the way it is. It's a hard reality.
We're hanging in there though.

Unknown said...

the counter to your stance is that you should accept what god or whoever is trying to hammer through your head and change the structure of your life and world pretty fast.

i'm not saying you're wrong. but you may be. there's more than one path through the wood, and to my simple mind it certainly *appears* as though you're on the wrong one.

whatever. good luck. for sure, it looks like you need it.

Trailady said...

Why "Ro", so sweet of you to stop by and share your "great wisdom" regarding my journey in life- especially since we've been soulmates all these years. I'm sure to take your kind advice to heart and change my wicked ways immediately.... (hear me laughing?)

Seriously though, next time introduce yourself and establish a connection before bestowing your wisdom- it will go over better. I see you have no blog yourself, I'm tempted to think you're a flamer. You know, the kind who just drops in, leaves a load of bull and then runs. In that case your picture is appropriate. Nice legs though. ;o)

Trailady said...

Ro, sorry guy, but what part of this statement isn't supposed to be taken as sarcastic??

"...you should accept what god or whoever is trying to hammer through your head and change the structure of your life and world pretty fast."

Sorry, but this sounded insulting.

Anil P said...

Like they say, eventually time will pass, and leave only the timeless behind. Maybe until then it is a trial that'll test you.