Saturday, March 03, 2007

Safe Passage!

Well, we finally got everything packed, loaded and have arrived at our destination in Michigan. The snow is beautiful, but the roads were a bit perilous. I white-knuckled it as I followed the moving truck north- not used to poor driving conditions! I have a new pet peeve: when semi-trucks pass you and dump a load of sleet upon your windshield! There were several times when I just gripped the wheel and said a prayer because visibility was already so bad. The Whoosh and for several seconds we were driving blind. Scary!

The first night on the road we stayed over with some old friends from college. Next morning we enjoyed a good breakfast at Cracker Barrel and that night we stayed in a Super 8- which was pet-friendly. WAY cool! Other than that it was pure stress. Very hard to be uprooted, yet again for another cross-country move. I miss my job, co-workers and circle of friends. I miss my "Mom & Dad" in TN. However, I'm glad the trip is over with now. It is good to see our old friends, the Kings.
I enjoyed winter sports on college trips to Colorado. Sledding, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, even shoveling snow- gotta love it! It will be a lovely Spring and mild Summer. I need to get out on my bike. :o)

Here's hoping that Jay will be able to rest and heal from the events of the past 3 years and find a new direction for his life. My job at this point is to be patient and supportive of him.

6 comments:

Lily said...

I'm glad you guys made it safely to your destination. I'm sure it was a stressful trip.

Keep us posted on how you're settling in.

Blassings!

David said...

Like I said, its sad to see you go. I was planning a trip to TN for your April 7 performance. Now I guess we'll just have to say hi again in heaven. Take care. Happy resting and recovery for Jay and happy supporting for you. The journey goes on...

Dustin said...

May God bless your new beginning in Michigan. It's always nice to "start over" in a new place with new people.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Glad you're keeping us posted! Blessings.

SocietyVs said...

I hope this all works out for you and your family - which I do believe it will.

Trailady said...

Hi Lily, Yes- it's a relief that we are finally here and settling in. :o)

David, It's a small world and you just never know when you'll bump into someone you know...

Dustin, Thank you for the well-wishes.

Gabrielle, My life is an open book. After so many years of keeping secrets, it's refreshing to write about my journey. :o)

Society, Thanks, I'm optimistic that things will get better from here...