Monday, January 22, 2007

Totally Embarassing Moment!

Okay, so last night, we're sitting outside Walmart waiting for Jay to pick up a few things when I noticed a beautiful Australian Shepherd waiting in the car beside us. Being the HUGE dog enthusiast that I am, well, I just wanted to talk to her, keep her company and tell her how beautiful she was. She looked very lonely. Her window was open a bit, so I scooted over into the driver's seat, rolled my window down, leaned out a bit and started talking to her in the most soothing voice I could muster. I made the cute little kissing sound you make to dogs to get their attention and said, "Hey Baby, you are so gorgeous, I'll bet you're lonely- huh? Are you warm enough? Do you want me to keep you company?" The dog was not responding as favorably as I had hoped, maybe she didn't hear me? So I leaned out the window a little more and repeated myself a little louder. It was then that my children, who were sitting in the back said, "Mom, stop it, you are totally embarassing us!" Well, I thought that was ridiculous, why should they care if I talk to a dog in the parking lot?! Then I noticed a skinny older guy walking past the car the dog was in. He had a funny look on his face and when he saw me looking at him, his pace quickened and his demeanor said it all. HE THOUGHT I WAS MAKING KISSY NOISES AND PROPOSITIONING HIM!!!!!!!!

Ya gotta have a sense of humor to be me.... well, it's that or go crazy!!

7 comments:

Royce said...

LOL, ok now that is embarassing. Doesn't moments like that make you want to just shrink down to about 2 inches tall???????
Laughing till I cry as I write!!

Trailady said...

HA HA Well, I ended up diving back over into the passenger side REAL quick!! I'll bet he's been going around town saying, "What's this town coming to? I got propositioned in the WALMART PARKING LOT!"

Next time, I'll make sure to scan the entire area before talking to a dog!!

Lily said...

LOL I thought you were going to say the dog turned out to be a lady with big hair.

Don said...

TL- You have to get control of yourself..... What's this world coming to??? Just kidding.....I told my co-worker about your post and she,being a BIG dog lover just died laughing. She said she bet you were looking for that proverbial hole to crawl into.. You're funny...Happens to the best of us...

BrotherKen said...

hehe, that's hilarious. You have entered the stage of your life where you get to embarrass your kids now :-)

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

The guy also probably isn't used to getting this from women all the time and is wondering why you had a thing for him.

Trailady said...

Lily, LOL- you are too funny!

Don, oh YEAH, I was half expecting police to pull up behind me and send me home! ha ha

Brotherken, Yes, hmmmmm embarrass my kids.... this may have some fun possibilities. :o)

Gabrielle, You make a good point- however, I must say though to his credit he was VERY quick to FLEE fornication. (hear me laughing!) Maybe you should write a news clip on your site about "Mother of 4 accidently propositions man in Walmart parking lot while talking to a dog." hee hee