Friday, January 12, 2007

Whoo-hoooooo!

This week was incredibly stressful for some of the reasons I mentioned in my last post. We have been doing the one-car shuffle- which, with two busy schedules is amazingly stressful. Yesterday the building inspector came again to determine if this house is on a permanant foundation or not. We were stressed to the max!

However, not only did the building inspector, but also the buyers showed up. I was not prepared for company, let alone the potential buyers of our house- in fact, I was in the shower when they arrived and Jay went out to meet and talk with them. The house was cluttered and I could've died of embarassment, but hey- I've got 4 kids and if you want the house immaculate when you arrive, ya gotta call ahead and give us some time to pick-up.
Anyway, I was stressing out bigtime in the bathroom, trying to get ready for work and worrying about them thinking we are dirty redneck people or something.... 30 minutes later, I was curling my hair and my man came in and said, "Well, he passed the foundation and we are moving the first week of Feb.- the sale is still ON!" Then, I don't know what happened, but he says I passed out with the curling iron still wound tightly in my hair. He caught me and somehow managed to unwrap the thing without burning himself or me. I 'came to' on the bed with he & my oldest daughter looking down at me saying, "Are you okay? Are you okay?" I can count only 3 times that I've ever passed out in my life. Wierd!! Guess I was just overwhelmed with relief- as we were facing the possibility of foreclosure if the sale didn't go through.

So, it looks like we are back on track and can make some plans... :o) Have a GREAT weekend!!

10 comments:

Lily said...

OOh I'm so glad you guys got a break! Yay Lord!

I've never fainted, I'm sure glad you'r husband was there to catch you!

YOU have a great weekend, too.

David said...

I'm glad it worked out so well for you all. Take care.

Don said...

Praise God!!

Royce said...

I am broadcasting to you live and in color form my own bedroom. Yeehaww.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I thought that kind of fainting only happened in the movies! I am so glad things are looking up for you. Things were getting grim! Keeping you in prayer!

Kat said...

Congrats!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you!

Trailady said...

Thanks Everyone! It's a relief! Still don't have all the details worked out, but at least this very BIG issue is taken care of...

Stay tuned... :o)

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about stressing over moving. I have yet to pass out, but we haven't quite moved yet ;)
We are living with nearly all of our stuff in boxes. The developer who is buying the house of the people buying our house must be shopping around for the best financing because we had a closing date and then it was canceled and then we heard nothing and now there is some talk about perhaps this week. It turns out the people buying our house are the same ones who bought our house when we moved into this on.

Trailady said...

Wow- Inheritor- thanks for stopping by. Sounds like you are hanging in there. Buying & selling houses are very stressful occasions. I'd much rather build a house anytime. Maybe I'll have that chance again someday...

Hope things happen the way you need them to. :o)

Gingers Mom said...

I just read your comment on my blog. 3 with chicken pox? You poor thing! I'll be praying they are better soon.