Wednesday, November 15, 2006

An Invitation...

Come, my love and weave with me
a blanket of security
let it rest heavily upon my shoulders
so that I can feel it's warmth
Long has been the starless night
the rains have fallen far too often
Innocence was buried in this red clay
A time of refreshing must come

You have promised many things
so young were we when vows were made
there have been many empty words
failed intentions on your part and mine
Don't make anymore apologies or promises
take me somewhere we can live and breathe
Give me the gift of your words, your time
What is there to fear?

Inside I am a lonely child
filled with pain, but hoping still
Wrap me in your love
whispering secrets in my ear
Share with me the simple marvels of life
let me hear the sound of your laughter
Shake the numbness of your soul
Our days are not meant to be dull

Lead and I will follow you
I want you to be strong
Stand up to the raging wind
Spread your mantle over me
Unlock the treasures of my heart
For there are many I would share
Bask in the warmth of my embrace
Be the man I know you can be.

Take some chances
Pursue our dreams
Be rugged and enduring
Don't hold back
Life will not wait for us
The years are passing by
I know there is a place for us
Under a big, blue sky...

9 comments:

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Trailady,
someone who had a similar problem
Created a NEW blog
found what was missing from her template and 'copy pasted'
Voila minor problem solved.

QUASAR9 said...

But who says you need pictures
to weave a blog
There are blogs with pics
and nothing to tell
others need no pic to say what they say!

sage said...

nicely written, someone should be flattered!

Don said...

Beautiful poem....
Sorry to hear about the negatives on the other address. Some people can't handle the truth....

Strictly for my friends said...

Beautiful as ever! Love your creative spirit!

A Arora said...

lovely poem..btw, i read ur post on saddam..my sentiments exactly..felt really bad when i saw it on the news..seriously, who has the right to take a life for another that is lost, no individual, no country...drop by sometime..

Tim Rice said...

Touching! You have a gift for writing.

A Arora said...

thanks dear. we all lose ourselves some times, forget who we are. sometimes, it's needed that we do that...in order to be found again...

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I love that pop song that says,"let's just lay here and forget the world..." do you? Trailady - be sure to catch my post on Walmart lately because it embodies Mr. Bean.