Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Doors & Windows...

I have been through the door of success a time or two and it was GREAT, but it only lasted a short time before closing. It only seems to open long enough to energize me for a while. Every one of us needs to know a little success- it allows us to truly celebrate with others when things go well in their lives.

I've walked through the door of devastation several times now. It was painful and each day felt soooo long. I'm getting pretty good at rebounding and re-inventing my strategy though. Hard times kick my tail and wear me out. I know what it's like to be at the end of my strength- holding my breath and hanging by a thread. But in a way that's a gift, 'cause I can be genuinely sad and offer a shoulder when someone else is down.

The doors of opportunity, happiness and order in my life seem to be closed for the time being, but as the old saying goes, "When God closes a door, somewhere He always opens a window."

I'm waiting for that window... In the mean time, maybe I'll get a tattoo... LOL

5 comments:

Don said...

You have a heart of gold. What if you have subconsciously brought your life to the point where it is so that when all the present pain and hardship is past, and I believe it will pass, you can minister to others who experience similar situations in their lives. Nothing happens by accident. It is all part of a divine plan. Continue to have the positive attitude you have shown us all, even in the darkest hour. It's always darkest before the dawn...
Oh, the new picure's great!

Trailady said...

Hi Don, Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I definitely hope this experience counts for something in the bigger picture. :o) I may not come out of this being anyone's hero, but I will have a solid sense of who I am, what I want and what REALLY matters.

sage said...

I really feel for what you are going through--but don't get a tattoo (although that was a wonderful twist of an ending).

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Tattoo! LOL!

Grant said...

A friend once told me that you can be in God's hallway...after He closes one door and before He opens another...the Hallway of Hell.

Your ending reminded me of the Jimmy Buffet line about a tattoo...a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling...