Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today...

Slept well last night, once I got to sleep. Woke up feeling rested. Don't know how many people are thinking of us or praying, but I felt a little better today.

I made several calls and looked for housing. NO luck.

We got a card with some money in the mail from relatives for our 14th wedding anniversary. That was really nice. We didn't get to celebrate though as Jay is 2 hrs away doing his training. He did call me on the evening of our anniversary to say that I'm the only thing in his life that makes sense right now and he's glad he married me. Nice to know- need to hear stuff like that more often.

We're not sure how things are going to turn out for us yet and don't really feel very festive. The money went directly into paying our room-n-board and I got some fuel, a pair of comfy shoes and a pair of pants for work.
Interestingly enough, a complete stranger sent us a check for over $100 and said that until we get back on our feet, he will send us $50 a month. That is very touching. Never met him and don't know how he knows us, but his kindness is felt.

Not a great day, but not a miserable one either. Just putting one foot in front of the other...

8 comments:

Lily said...

Hi - Congrats on your anniversary. That's great what your husband said!

Also good news about the unexpected money.

Still praying for you guys.

Sam!! said...

Hi sis,

Wow!! u r lucky to have such a loving hubby :) anyhow congrats on your wedding anniversary with loads n loads of best wishes n prayers.

See now how God is helping you out, its all your faith n trust in Him :)

Prayers n love.

sage said...

Happy anniversary--may the sun shine brightly for you both soon.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Happy anniversary and remember that you have support out there!

Unknown said...

Congrats as well on the anniversary! Lisa and I will celebrate 22 this year..... wowsa....

Erin said...

Hey TL, I was wondering - I don't know if you are interested, but a friend and I have a chance to accept submissions for publication on an e-zine.

You can find out the details on my blog - I'd LOVE it if you would want to write something for us. I didn't have your e-mail address, so I'm posting the request here!

If you want to e-mail me, you can find my addy on my profile or on my blog.

Weiers said...

Hi Trailady

I've been following your blog for a while now and I will continue reading as I know that the plot of your life is going to take some unexpected turns (hopefully for the good) and I'd love to be there to see it happen.

I recently found this article that immediately made me think of you, so I thought I would share it. I don't think it presents any answers, just thoughts that could possibly give you some courage on the way.

http://prodigal.typepad.com/prodigal_kiwi/2007/05/resilience_by_a_1.html

Greetings

Trailady said...

Hi Lily, and thanks for the well wishes & prayers!

Samrina, Always nice to hear from you.

Sage, Thanks, I hope so...

Gabrielle, you are a treasure. :o)

Scott, Yep, time flies... CONGRATS to you!!

Thanks Erin, I'll look into it...

Hello Weiers! Thanks for stopping in- nice to hear from you. I'll check out the recommended article.