Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Finally?

Last Friday, we got a call saying that Jay was accepted for school. Yesterday, Jay received not one, but two job offers. We're not going to be rich, but as long as we can be in a place of our own, I'm fine with that. He has decided to go with the second and will begin his training next week. THANK GOD! Today we drove around looking for housing. Rent is expensive but to actually buy a house is quite cheap so we're looking into that option.

We gave God 6 wks to act before we separated out of necessity- me taking the children to PA and him staying here to continue trying to find work, a place to live and going back to school. This was a LAST resort. We were both teetering on the very edge of our strength & sanity. Jay has been pretty angry and although he seems very meek and mild most of the time, sometimes his anger is explosive. He hurled a big TV remote at me, hitting me in the chest the other night. He always holds the remote. I asked him to turn the TV down because everyone was in bed, he ignored me, so I asked again. Still no response, so I turned to look at him and asked again, when I turned back toward the TV, he threw. It hurt and I must admit I was not very Christlike in my response. I hurled it right back at him- HARD, hitting him in the belly-button region. He played it off and acted like he didn't mean for it to hit me. He knows better. He slapped me in the face once when we were dating. I told him if he ever did that again that would be the end of it. That's one thing I will NOT tolerate from anyone. Call it my Irish temper, but if anyone gets rough with me, I may be small, but I'm capable of giving it right back and they WILL feel it. I haven't learned how to turn the other cheek when it comes to physical abuse..... still growing in this area....

Anyway, once again as always, God waits until the last possible moments to do something. You'd think that being so powerful, He could come through earlier once in a while. Perhaps it shows His power more when He waits until we've run out of strength, patience and resources?
I don't know and honestly, it gives me a headache to try and figure anything out right now. I'm just glad there seems to be a light at the end of this looooooong tunnel. :o)

6 comments:

Lily said...

Hey lady - I'm so glad for you that something seems to be happening. Not one but TWO - That's awesome.

I will pray that that this opportunity will be something he will like and it will meet your financial needs.

A good friend of mine wrote a humorous post awhile back about married people throwing things at each other. While I know it's not funny in the big picture, sometimes a little laughter can help.

Dustin said...

TL,

I pray that God uses these events to bring you both closer together, and that this is just the beginning of a time of refreshment and renewal.

Sam!! said...

Loads of prayers n best wishes sis for ur both relationship and for the solution of ur problems.

Takecare n stay healthy :)

Trailady said...

Hey Lily, thanks for the smiles. :o)

Dustin, I really do believe that this long string of trials is God's way of working and I can't wait to see what He's up to with all of this...

Samrina, you are such an open-hearted soul. Blessings to you!

Don said...

I can't help but hurt for you. I guess empathy is my strong suit. I hope things turn the corner for you and yours. You Deserve a break....

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

You may not notice for a while, and you may not be in the mood, but I tagged you over at my blog!It's a fun series of questions.