Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Big 5 Interview :o)

Sage: “In order to get to know your household, what comic strip or cartoon character best describes each member of the household (including pets).”

In all honesty, our lives would probably mirror 'Charlie Brown'. Nothing ever seems to go right for Charlie Brown and there are several characters in that cartoon that remind me of my family. My son is like Pigpen- always getting into something and I have to remind him to wash. My oldest daughter is like Lucy, kind of bossy at times, but well-meaning. My middle girl is like Peppermint Patty- a Tomboy, and my youngest is sweet and innocent like Sally. I identify heavily with Snoopy- always coming up with new things to try.

Sage: “Be honest, did you read all of Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress? If so, which of Christian’s temptations and challenges have you struggled with the most. If you have not read it, describe beating yourself up with a wet noodle as an act of contrition.”

Yes, I did read it and Pilgrim's Progess is one of my favorite books. I can most relate to Pilgrim's struggle with despair. It seems to bog me down and at times, doesn't want to lift. Pilgrim eventually made it to the other side of despond and I believe that I will too.

Sage: “Name a favorite food of yours that your kids won’t touch.”

Hmmmm, we pretty much like the same foods. My middle daughter HATES mushrooms and I really enjoy them. I guess I'd have to say that Brussel Sprouts are a food I like and they hate.

Sage: “You say you’re Scot-Irish. Isn’t that like diluting Glenfiddich with Bushmills? How did your Scottish blood get so contaminated?”

LOL- My mother's side is Scot- Campbell of Argyll, while my Dad's Eire' side is O'Gallagher of Donegal. Both Scots and Irish are Celts from somewhat similar roots. Contaminated? Depends on who you ask I guess. Contrary to popular belief, not all Celtic-Americans are heavy drinkers. ;o)

Sage: “Both Murf and you seem to have a thing for 80s music? What do you think Murf’s favorite song from that era is? And since I spent most of the 80s catching up on the 70s, would I know it?”

Yes, the 80's had a lot of great songs! Bryan Adams, Mr. Mister, Bon Jovi, Mike and the Mechanics, Chicago, Phil Collins, Michael W. Smith, etc. Hmmmm, I'm guessing Murf's favorite song is 'Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend'- can't remember who sang that one off hand...

(If anyone else wants to be interviewed, let me know and I'll come up with 5 questions for you.)

3 comments:

The SSP said...

Weekend song - Loverboy! :)

Interesting interview! :)

sage said...

Great job! Thanks for allowing me to interview you.

Sam!! said...

Nice n interesting :)

Hope u r doing fine.

Takecare