Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thank God for Kids!

I love my kids- such a blessing to me! Yes, they create couch clutter & a huge pile of laundry for us to keep up with, but I love their honesty, innocence & open-heartedness. There's NOTHING cuter in this world to me than a chubby toddler in fuzzy footie-pajamas. (You know, the kind that zip up the front.) When my kids wore those, it was all I could do not to squeeze them to death! :o) I like their little feet & hands, but most of all I love to hear the things they say. If my hair is messed up, if my breath smells- they will let me know, but they are just as open with their compliments. 'That was yummy supper." "Mama, you are SO nice!" "I love it when you tuck me in." Boy, I need to hear that and they give me plenty of it!!
This morning, I woke late with a sore throat and headache, but my oldest 2 still have to get to school. I got myself up, put my WAY bad hair in a pony-tail, got them up, got dressed & drove them to school- and not very cheerfully I must say. Those poor kids! What a Mama bear I was, barking commands, rushing around... When we got to the school driveway, I tried to make up for it a little by giving them a half-hearted smile and making an effort to be enthusiastic. "Have a great day- I'll see you guys this afternoon!" The car door slammed before I could say, "I love you". I sat there watching them run toward the front door feeling awful. Just before they entered the building, my son suddenly turned to wave and blow a kiss to me! I didn't deserve that and why on earth he would be so sweet & spontaeneous after my terrible performance this morning, I do not know. What I do know is, it was a little reflection of grace. I've been smiling about it ever since. I can't wait to get a hold of that little guy this afternoon and love him up!

2 comments:

Ana Victoria said...

Is very nice the way you talk about your kids...and they are indeed a blessing!!! I have a little boy (2 years and half) and a baby girl (8 months) and every time after I look at them I give thanks to God for them.
I like your site!!!

Anonymous said...

My Dear Paula,

One time I was really stressed out because I was at the ATM and couldn't tell if I had any money or not, or if I should get some money out of my own personal account to place in our joint account...anyway, I was worried about something. Hannah was trying to talk with me and I just couldn't remember what my PIN number was. So then, nearly in tears and asking her to please be quiet. She asked very sweetly, "Mommy, why are talking so rough with me?" Oh, I just cried and asked her to forgive me. She said of course she would! Boy that really stuck with me.