Monday, November 14, 2005

The Value of Good Support

Good support is SO valuable. Some people appreciate the bridge, but when you really think about it, the bridge would be useless without the network of support underneath. A house with no foundation would be no good. They used to say behind every successful man is a good woman. Support.... what a neat concept. If you want to start a revival, I believe the best way is to find others who think along the same lines and support each other in promoting new thought, or in re-introducing an old thought. I am now at an age where I feel I am able to get out there and DO things. I'm young enough to have energy and optimism, but old enough to have some wisdom & experience under my belt. Christ began His ministry when He was around my age. I have found great joy in promoting and supporting other people of my generation who are involved in ministry and there are several that I'm particularly fond of. Faith First, Sitler-Strong Productions, Ripple Productions, etc. Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Stepping outside your comfort zone to love people?? I'm all for it!! My husband has been my most faithful and valuable supporter over the years and I love him even more for it, but there is only so much he & I can do. We need a foundation of Grace to stand on and other people to work with. Networking with like-minded individuals in ministry in a smart move. We are so much stronger working together. I know a great God! He's awesome!! So many people are afraid of him, because they don't really know Him. I have such joy in my life- having come to know Him for myself instead of taking everybody else's opinions and forming a collage of ideas that were inaccurate. "Christ in you, the hope of glory." This is what I want to live for. How about you, do you have good support?

No comments: