Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Words Are Not Enough...

Sometimes things just fall together in life. There are moments when I sense that everything is okay. At times I stand alone beneath the moonlight with an open soul and there is this 'knowing' as Divinity draws very near. When my heart feels overwhelmed with adoration for the Living God, words are simply not enough to say what I feel...

How can you express a hunger so great that it threatens to consume you? On the rare and wonderful occasion when two hearts connect in a very intimate way, when there are no barriers between two souls, physically or emotionally, words are unable to describe the elation of the moment... if only it happened more.... if only it could last...

How can you speak the feeling of satisfaction and pride experienced when holding a newborn baby, or after completing the building of your very own home? How do you verbalize the immense gratitude you feel when someone is good to you??

When it feels like the world is crashing down around my head, when I witness tragedy and feel the weight of devastation, when circumstances beyond my control break in and steal my joy there is no adequate way to say what the pain is like...

Life seems to be comprised in waves of joy and pain. Whether I experience feast or famine, miracle or desparation,
words are beautiful, words are harsh and words are never enough... this is when my heart speaks through laughter or tears.

Almighty God, let me feel Your great love. Bless me softly for a while, I am trying to learn Your wisdom. Let me dance before You and celebrate Your goodness. My words will always be inadequate.

3 comments:

Christie's Corner said...

Oh my God!! this is straight from the heart,
I agree with u, no words can xplain the feeling

" oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds thy hand has made"

...no words can truly express it.

Strictly for my friends said...

That was beautiful! And so true! When you have no words left, how indeed?

Kuan Gung said...

Life is like the tides of the ocean, they are either high or low, the trick is to catch them high at the crest and ride them as long as we can...