Monday, July 31, 2006

What's Been Happening...

3 of my 4 amazing kids were in a Musical Day Camp held by a local Baptist Church. My 2 oldest daughters auditioned for drama/singing parts and got them. The musical was called 'Donkey Tales'- it's all about donkeys in the Bible stories and what you can learn from them. It was a western theme- they wore jeans, red t-shirts and bandanas. The girls both nailed their solos, while my son preferred to stay in a more behind-the-scenes role doing puppets, stage work and group singing. I was very proud of them and of some other children we know who were also involved. They really did well. :o)

Last week I literally wore myself out at the YMCA. Taught a total of 12 classes- we need the money!! My feet were sore and though I hate to admit it, I majorly overdid it. Friday night it felt like I was coming down with something. Sure enough, woke up Sat. morning with a raging sore throat. NOT GOOD considering Jay & I had a full concert to do that evening, during which they were taking up a collection toward our CD. Being a stubburn (I mean determined) soul, I put off being sick until after we did the concert. Then I crashed & burned- totally exhausted! Got on a 'Z' pack right away and think I've kicked the Upper Respiratory part, now I'm simply tired. Gotta perk up though, because tonight is a photo shoot for MofM. My husband, (who is far less outgoing in life) has been begging for us to slow down. We've had planning meetings for this & that for several weeks now and barely an evening to ourselves just to chill out with the kids. It's taking a toll on all of us, so we're going to have to back off on our activity level. The hard part is deciding what to cut out, since we enjoy supporting numerous programs & organizations. Anyway, we're working on cutting back a bit. Had some company this weekend, friends came down for the concert & stayed overnight. Was really good to see them! Sorry I wasn't able to be a better hostess!!

This morning and the rest of the week I'm subbing for another instructors Dance Aerobics class. Thought I was well enough and could handle it okay this morning, so went in and gave it my best shot. However, because of how congested I am- even my ears- I was dizzy & felt weak after about 15 mins. I ended up standing off to the side calling out the steps instead of leading out. NOT good. One lady was so upset about having a sub. that she left before we even got started. Can't blame her. I don't like having sub instructors, so why should they? I'm going to do my best this week. I'm a good dancer, but when you have to get up there, do the dance and call out the steps ahead of time, it gets pretty hard. I'd rather teach Step-Aerobics anyday! I'll probably not excel at teaching this class, but I'm getting paid for it- gotta keep plugging away at it.

Right now, I wish I could just go curl up in my bed and SLEEP....

4 comments:

billie said...

chicken soup and lots of water and orange juice. you have to rest!!! summer sick is the absolute worst. fell better!

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Trailady
Just thought
I'd pop in and say
a quick hello to you.
Hope your day goes well
I cansee your kids are swell

Laters ... Q

Trailady said...

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm feeling much better today. Restless night- hard to breathe, but I went to bed earlier than usual. Got up this morning, went to the 'Y', taught two classes- did pretty well. Now I'm home and ready to relax after barn chores, laundry and working on some music.

Hope you all are having a good week so far! :o)

QUASAR9 said...

Wow! Inheritor of Heaven, now your parents must have really known something when they named you.

Hi Trailady, thanks for comment. Pretty good guess, I am the son of the son of the son of the son ... all the way back. Half my 'direct' family still lives there.

Glad you are feeling strong and fighting fit. Sure sounds like you have your hands full. laters... Q