Thursday, October 26, 2006

Happenings...

This week I've been working myself ragged. Thankfully it's nearly Friday and next week will be a little easier!
Our stinking luck holds. My computer died last Thurs. Lost all my music- over 10,000 songs. Lost many of my articles, website stuff and photos. Whatever hit the hard drive wiped it so completely out that nothing was recoverable.

Yesterday, Jay's car broke down- oil pan ruptured and had to be welded. Cost hundreds of dollars to fix. These are examples of the constant barrage of headaches we receive in life. My man has put a bunch of resume's out in hopes of finding better work around here, but honestly feels it's not much use and that God is going to slowly snuff us out. Our prayers for help seem to go unanswered. Our house is for sale in hopes that we can dump this big mortgage. We are scaling way back in the amount of possessions we have- going to have an estate sale. Hope it doesn't take long to get rid of this place. Will have to dig into the children's savings accounts just to make the house payment this month. Yes, could be worse I suppose, but it COULD BE BETTER too and it's not. God has allowed us to endure extreme discomfort living in this area and maybe it's time for us to relocate?? Not sure what we'll do when the house is sold. Can't afford rent around here for a family our size, yet to buy another place that we really don't want isn't a great option either...

Good news is that my children's parent-teacher conferences were this week and went very well. I'm so proud of my kids! Their teachers had only positive to say. My children are creative, intelligent and prone to leadership. Bessie is at the top of her class and is in an excel program. Jeddy is also doing well, though not quite as highly ranked scholastically, his teacher says he is gifted, creative and a deep thinker. She says he is a joy in the classroom with his sense of humor, helpfulness and pleasant nature. My oldest and youngest are also doing well in their schoolwork. The positive reports are a healing balm to this weary mother's heart. It feels good to receive positive affirmation this year.
The puppies are doing well. What sweet little bundles of love! Ember is laying in my lap as I type this. Completely adorable and the house-breaking is coming along nicely. I regret that I am not here a whole lot this week, but my man is making sure they get to go out regularly for potties.

Heard from a friend this week. Nothing really long or detailed, she wasn't asking for anything- just saying "hi". It was so sweet of her to think of me. Thanks Tricia. :o)

The MofM girls surprised me last weekend. I was feeling poorly- had my very first Migraine. I was in bed when they called and asked me to come down for a surprise. So I got up, showered and headed that way. When I got there, they had a little gift bag full of goodies for me. They did my hair and make-up. Really made me feel special and I liked the way I looked when they were done. Just don't have the time to fuss over myself much.
Sometimes I think I am positively hopeless. I know some people do care about me and are trying to reach me, but I'm like a broken cup- empty and starving for relationship- completely defective. I believe God is there, I believe He is a God of love, however, it's tempting to think that for some reason I have displeased Him and for the rest of my days only bad things will happen. I hope this is not true...

Tonight, I have a "date" with my oldest daughter who is nearly a teenager. I am taking her to see her favorite band, 'Barlow Girl' in concert. They are sisters who promote modesty and sexual purity in young girls. Their music is awesome! I think this will be a good bonding experience for us. That's all the update for now.

6 comments:

Andy said...

Consider it pure joy, my brotheres, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

James 1: 2-4 (NIV)


AND...

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. - James 1: 12 (NIV)

Seems to me that the answer to your prayers have been "not yet" - but remember, God's timing is always perfect. Stay strong, you're in my prayers.

Don said...

Nothing can make Him love you less than He does. He is the author of love. I have been where you are. You are His child and He loves you. Hang tough. You are loved...

Anonymous said...

I don't have any words of wisdom, and I'm really unskilled at quoting scripture, but I understand where you are and I'm sorry you're going through it. It's times like this when I pray that God will someday clearly show me what He was up to when things were messy, and He invariably does, though sometimes not till years later.

It was nice of your singing group to give you some special treatment. Seems like they love you.

"however, it's tempting to think that for some reason I have displeased Him and for the rest of my days only bad things will happen. I hope this is not true..." Now, you KNOW that's not true!

Have a great date at Barlow Girl. Love them. Hope it's a great bonding time.

QUASAR9 said...

"My computer died last Thurs. Lost all my music- over 10,000 songs. Lost many of my articles, website stuff and photos. Whatever hit the hard drive wiped it so completely out that nothing was recoverable."

Now there's a test
to shake anybody's faith
But alas, it's true
it's all baggage, if we can't let go of things we try to hold onto, that can be lost at a stroke, how can we leave our troubles behind.

PS - You know there are still Some places (Valencia in Spain, and as far as Japan too) where bonfire celebrations are not just about dressing up for Halloween, or burning Guy Fawkes as in England ...

But about burning old toys (dolls) old books, paintings, music (art) and old furniture too...
letting in the NEW
the creative forces renewed!

So here I say to you, if it is lost and it is not recoverable, bid it farewell and start afresh
Today IS the first day of the rest of your Life

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I hate to be redundant, but you have to back up your computer! I just did and what a relief.

Trailady said...

Thanks all, I appreciate your words of wisdom.

I am a reasonably intelligent girl. I believe that there will come a time when things make sense. I'm holding out for that day, but it's not easy...

Ha Ha Gabrielle, yep, you know what they say about hindsight...