Friday, October 06, 2006

Life is A Winding Road...

Navigating this life really isn't about speed or skill.
Sometimes it's up and then downhill.
It's not about having the newest wheels or flawless bodywork
It's about winning and losing without being a jerk.
Set your cruise control, stay under the radar
Head toward the sunset wherever you are
Keep your fuel tank full and you will go far.
There are plenty of speed bumps and potholes
fix your flats and get ready to roll
Keep your eyes on the road and pay your toll.
Don't compare yourself to the other drivers
This world is better because it's diverse
Read your map, keep your lights on
Travel light- 'til you find your destination.
Whether you travel fast or slow
Keep 'er steady on that winding road.

~ Trailady

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic poem, TL. I appreciated reading it this morning.

Have a fantastic weekend.

(P.S. I finally can comment on your blog. I previously couldn't because I had switched to blogger beta and it would not let me. Sorry about that.)

Sam!! said...

Beautiful words, so inspiring and true.

Just a reminder that U r always in my prayers sis:)

Take gud care of urself n all around u:)

david c welker said...

enjoyed your words of wisdom.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I can't believe how many people you have who also look forward to your blog on a regular basis like I do. Isn't that something?

Tim Rice said...

Great thoughts! It is almost always good to travel light wherever and however one goes both in the normal sense of travel and in the sense of life as a journey. Thanks!

Asma said...

"Don't compare yourself to the other drivers"....very well said in tht we not only lose our personality but also put our life in difficulties.....wonderful poem
Take Care

Roseuvsharon said...

Thanks for the dose of inspiration

Always a treat

Trailady said...

Thanks for your open-heartedness Brian! I care about you too. :o)

Hey Dustin, glad you are able to comment. Visit anytime.

Hello Samrina!! I've missed you.

Welcome David, visit anytime.

Tim, Yep, we're all on a journey- none of us have reached our destination yet...

Asma, Thanks for stopping by...

Hi Rose, Likewise...

Trailady said...

What can I say- I'm a truck drivers daughter...