Saturday, April 08, 2006

Storms Passed...

Thanks for thinking of us last night, my friends!! After much anxiety, the cold front from the North passed over us with thunder, lightening and heavy rains. Some flash flooding... beyond that, we had NO damaging hail or winds. This morning we put everything on our property back the way it was and will keep listening to the weather reports. Apparently the 3 stormfronts converged in North Georgia- just south of us. I'm thankful the storm didn't cause havoc here, but if it misses us- it hits someone else- not happy for that. At least 10 people died a little further southwest from us. Cars flipped, roofs were torn off many houses and several tornadoes touched down.
Today it's sunny & warm with bright, puffy clouds in the sky- no indication of the fear & devastation many felt last night. Businesses closed early, etc. all across town in anticipation of the storm. I'm glad it was a false alarm for us this time, but I hope next time we will take it just as seriously- in case we do get hit.

5 comments:

Raheel Lakhani said...

Glad to hear that you all are safe and sound. God is very kind.

Missed so much good stuff here, busy and hectic days. Will inshallah try to keep up with your posts :)

Gingers Mom said...

I am so glad you are ok. You have been on my mind and I am glad that you and your family are safe. God bless all of you and for those who have had to weather the storm.

Sharazad said...

Hope everything is fine there.

Pray for the best.

Thank you for the comments.

Hmm... Where do you live? Tell me something about your place.

Sharazad.
MALAYSIA

Asma said...

its really nice to hear that all is okay.God bless all of u. i like ur blog and the way u think

Trailady said...

Hello Sharazad, I live in the southern US. We have a small farm on which I raise chickens and soon hope to have a flock of goats to milk. It is green & warm here- lots of trees. We don't get any snow because winter is short. I have lived all over the US. I would love to visit many places around the world though because I simply love people and enjoy studying culture. I learn so much!!