Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Stranger-than-Fiction Facts About Me!

- I carry a gene which causes me to have no adult replacement for a back baby tooth. When baby tooth fell out it left a gap- should get a bridge, but since nobody can see the space I haven't yet... had 8 teeth pulled as a child.
- I'm TERRIBLE about making dental appointments. Rather give birth than go to the dentist- nearly hyper-ventilate in the waiting room- yep, it's true. They give me happy gas in the chair to help me relax.
- I've had 5 concussions- one of which knocked me blind for 2 days, whiplash 4 times, broken tailbone 3 times, fractured humorous. All this due to sports, biking, horse & car accidents. (I wasn't driving) Kneeling makes my left knee ache.
- I've had 6 major surgeries
- I dress for comfort WAY more than style! Jeans & T's, or track pants with tank tops. Love being barefoot!
- I did quite well in every subject but Math. Passed my only college math course with a D -
- I don't wear fruity or candy scents- makes me hungry. HATE the smell of Emeraude perfume!
- I'm terrified of heights due to Geronimo Syndrome- makes me want to jump!
- I've moved nearly every year of my life. Lived in all 4 regions of the US. Been to all but 2 states- Alaska & Hawaii.
- After workouts, my feet smell exactly like Fritos corn chips. NO kidding! (My kids think it's hilarious)
- I have perfect pitch. (Tested by a music professor in 4th grade) When writing music, I hear entire productions in my head.
- Being fair skinned, I can't do sun worship or tanning beds- I sometimes use sunless tanner
- I've had 6 pre-cancerous moles removed
- My teeth were so crooked before braces, my Dad called me 'Snaggle-tooth'
- On a good day, I can still do the splits!
- I figit with Silly Putty and chew gum most of the day so I won't bite my nails
- I can only eat white cheeses- yellow ones make my stomach hurt- no idea why?
- My nicknames as a kid were 'Red' and 'Runt'. In highschool it was 'Poopie'
- I like spinach & brussel sprouts. Only crave chocolate one week a month. Don't like pork, beef or catfish.
- Most tempting indulgence is Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
- I'm allergic to- mold, mildew, hay, grass, pollen, dust, pany-hose, hairspray & mean people. :o)
- I'm a good dancer, although I was raised to believe it's a sin to dance
- I love being around people with accents- after a few hours I talk like them without even trying.

See you're not the only one who thinks yourself strange! Anything you'd like to share about YOU?

3 comments:

Tim Rice said...

I believe you sound very human. What's strange about me? I can't stop being a kid. :)

Andy said...

I failed calculus in college. Retook it and got a C.

I dislocated my knee in the midst of a college prank as a fraternity pledge.

My last two vacations (within 6 months of each other) were to Alaska and Hawaii. :-)

I like peanut butter spread on American cheese.

I've competed in two powerlifting competitions. Came in 1st for my age and weight in the deadlift (okay, so I was the only competitor in my age and weight class...)

Trailady said...

Great stuff, Andy!! One of these days I'll make it to Alaska & Hawaii...