Monday, April 24, 2006

What's Goin' On?

We had a busy but nice weekend. The 'Mercy Kids' sang for an event at Cohutta Springs Retreat Center in GA. It's beautiful there. The morning we drove down it was pouring rain, but by noon the sun was out and it turned out to be a gorgeous day! We rode canoes, the pontoon, paddle boats, rode bikes and enjoyed the petting zoo and pony rides. It was a nice little get-away! The offering taken for the 'Mercy Kids/Message of Mercy' CD project ended up being just over $400. That's encouraging!
- It's beautiful here in TN. Love the long Spring/Fall seasons we have. Summer is too HOT and Winter is boring- rarely any snow to play in. We lived up north long enough to enjoy those frosty white winters... I miss skiing!!!
- One of our hens is setting a clutch of eggs. She's hatched out 7 fluffy baby chicks so far. Two raccoons were hit on the road near our house recently and we've not had any casualties since. Wonder if it was the pair who were feasting on my birds? Wouldn't that be something if the problem took care of itself like that?!
- I'm 11 lbs down since Jan. and holding. Size 6 shorts & capri's are still tighter than I'd like but I'm getting there- just a matter of sticking to it! Subbed my first Toning class at the YMCA last Friday. It went well- can't wait to start my own classes in June. Got my staff ID badge today. (Funny how such a small thing can make you feel important- eh?!)
- My man and I are singing for a retreat again this weekend. Have childcare lined up and can't wait to go to South Carolina. Here's hoping this performance and some peace & quiet will help lift my husband's spirits. It's difficult for me to see him in a bad place, but I seem helpless to reach him- anything I say or do only seems to make things worse! Sometimes it's best just to pray and give someone their space. He's always been pretty quiet, pleasant and low-key, but when he's depressed he goes into what I call "robot mode". I know God is doing something here- not sure what? I think with some time & patience I'll have my man back to his old self. Biggest factor: he's totally overwhelmed/burned out right now and he's not got a clue where to go from here... Poor guy went and married ME- a busy dreamer-spitfire-adrenaline junkie! I've kept him on his toes and the stressful life we've had together literally makes his head spin!! I've rocked his world, but apparently not in the good way.
- The children are excited about going to summer camp this year- one fun-packed week of adventures. They are growing up SO fast!!! Our youngest won't go this year- she'll still be home with me. I plan to do some special activities with her.
- 9 years ago today I was blessed with a son- hard to believe! He feels pretty grown up now, but he'll always be my 'Lil' Chubby-bubby' scootin' around the house. We had a birthday party for him yesterday and I think he enjoyed it. :o)

Well, that's what's goin' on for us- what about you??

No comments: