Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dancing with God...

When I meditated on the word 'Guidance', I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.

I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.


When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.

It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance requires surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.


My eyes drew back to the word Guidance. When I saw "G: I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i". “ God”, u" and "i" dance." God, you, and I dance. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.


My prayer today is that God's blessings and mercies be upon you on this and everyday. May you abide in God as God abides in you. I want to dance together with God, trusting Him to lead and guide through each season of my life.

9 comments:

Trailady said...

That is really cool, Brian!

Thanks for sharing. We don't all relate to God in the same way. I stopped believing in God for many years when I was younger. Just couldn't understand why a loving God would allow such terrible things to happen. Now I see that everything has a reason. The sufferings you & I have known in our lifetimes help make us deeper and more understanding of other people's pain. When I look at it that way, my scars aren't such a bad thing...

QUASAR9 said...

Love it Trailady!
I have this mental picture
of you dancing
dancing with God
and singing
singig praises to The Lord

Magic In The Air
blessings flowing around you
Wishing you a 'dancing' evening!

bruced said...

Nice!

This reminds me of something a friend of mine told me once. Wayne Jacobsen (lifestream.org) said that he used to worry about "what he would be doing for God" each day. Every morning, he would spend hours praying and reviewing his schedule for the day, making sure there was lot's of stuff he'd be "doing" for God. But, upon receiving deeper revelation of God's love, and learning to live and move within that love, he now wakes up hearing God saying to him, "Wayne, I'm going to touch some people's lives today... would you like to come along?"

That blows me away!

Raheel Lakhani said...

Thanks for sharing this with us. The message is strong. The beauty in yours words can't be explained by my words of appreciation. It will be a small thing to do. I would rather like to congratulate you.

Raheel Lakhani said...

I will try to do something on this post. Let it be secret!

David said...

Really nice analogy. Thanks, Trailady.

rama said...

Thanks for this illumination! Best, rama

Tim Rice said...

I love this illustration of you and me dancing with God in seeking to live our lives.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I wish I could feel so good about God as reflected here but I am where you were at years ago where I just don't get it. I haven't seen one thing come to pass that I hoped, prayed for and dreamt of. I just don't get it.