Sunday, September 10, 2006

Great Weekend! :o)

Attended a health conference to increase my knowledge of the body, how it functions and how to properly care for it. Passed my qualifying exam with an 'A'. I have a degree in Health/Fitness, but it was a good refresher course. I'm one who believes in keeping current with new information, so very much enjoyed it!

While at the conference, my children and two friends whom they refer to as 'cousins' sang for church- all 3 services. Leading out for Praise and doing special music. Sorry I missed it- I'm usually directing them, but can't be in two places at once. I hear it went really well so that's good.

I've really bonded with my oldest daughter as we paint together. I'm currently working on an abstract piece. I taught her the basics about painting and she took off with it! Her first try is of 3 horses. Have a feeling she's going to be an artist. Her talent is amazing! Horses are difficult to do- she gets them to look SO real. The fact that I taught her how to draw & paint is special. I bond with my son & two youngest daughters in different ways. Jed & I enjoyed watching 'The Crocodile Hunter' together- I'm currently helping him compose a sympathy letter to Terry Irwin & family. Beth, my 3rd child shares my love for fitness and nature. She's an active child- often seen wandering in the yard looking for critters to study. Her school-teacher adores her! My youngest is my snuggle-bunny. She simply needs me to listen. She's got the gift of gab, loves to tell stories and relate her feelings. She also expresses herself by dancing. In the evenings- when I don't have to work, she brings her fav. pink blanket and we snuggle. It is during these times that I feel like a Queen. God, you have kept Your promise to me when You said so many years ago that you would fill my cup to overflowing. I have 4 amazing children and will always be grateful!!

A good friend of ours was kind enough to watch our kids for us all afternoon AND overnight on Sat. My husband (who I haven't seen for a month) took me out. We ate at O'Charleys- had Cedar Plank Salmon with salad & Key-lime pie. We were able to re-connect. Something is changing in my man. Don't know what, but I like it. We've been together half my life now. It's been a lot of ups & downs- lots of hard knocks for us, but we're still together. That's a God thing! After supper, we got a few things at Walmart, then cruised around chatting/listening to love-songs and enjoyed the moonlight. I SO needed this- so did he- even if he may not say so. Probably won't have a chance to go out again for awhile- hopefully this weekend will carry me for a while. We hope to take a nice family vacation soon- even if it's just camping out for a weekend.
Friday, Jay got dropped from the Construction Crew- his boss is moving to Oregon. However, he was called in to interview with the paper and after only 2 months of doing a paper route, he was hired on the spot as District Manager! Way to GO, baby!! I hope this will be a confidence booster/faith builder. Sometimes he feels that he prays and isn't heard. We were both pleading with God for the last 2 wks to bring us something better work-wise as we simply cannot have a family and not see each other. By Friday, we had a definite answer! Now he has better pay & basic coverage benefits- which is better than NO benefits at all.

Today, our Poodle Breeder sent me updated photos of my little puppy. Ember has really grown the last 2 weeks!! She is fat & sassy- her coat is getting thick and wavy. The red really does seem to match my hair- I am thrilled. Can't wait to bring my little baby girl home with me!!!

I lost 3 more lbs for a total of 23 since January. (Mostly due to the hectic pace at which we have lived recently.) Teaching Pilates is really making me stronger! This week I start teaching Interval Cardio class again. My foot is doing better, but will have to be careful not to overdo...

How was YOUR weekend?? Hope you have a great week!! :o)

4 comments:

David said...

Wow! You weigh only a total of 23 pounds! You better put on some weight quick. :)

I sounds real good about your little family. If more people would bond real close during those early years there would be more happy teenagers in the world. That's a blessing and a real testimony to the Lord. Its good to hear.

Sounds like peace is settling down in your home, especially with your husband. Clouds are dense and dark and dreary when you in them, but bright and beautiful after you are through them and they are at a distance.

God bless, sister. Jesus is coming soon.

MovinMan said...

Hearing the news about your man and his new job nearly brought tears to my eyes. Please let him know that I'm still praying for him all the time. Love you guys.

Trailady said...

Hi David, Yes, I feel very priviledged that I was able to stay home with my kids for 10 years. Not every Mom can do that, but I feel I have a strong bond with my children now. I cannot tell you what a relief it is to feel that maybe, just maybe the clouds are lifting for us...

Karl, Believe me, I was so upset when Jay told me he was fired on Friday. All I could think was, "God, what ARE You up to now?" I got the news while I was at work and I could hardly concentrate on what I was doing. Then he called me a little later and said he already had a new job and I nearly broke down right there behind the front desk! Praise God- that's all I could say!! Thanks for caring about us. I don't think there was ever a time when we felt more unloveable or insecure, but amazingly, God does not abandon us to despair...

EJCrow said...

Steve Irwin lives! Way to go with Oregon and what's wrong with Yakima!?