Friday, September 15, 2006

Puffy White Clouds...

The weather has turned gorgeous here in TN! Yesterday the humidity level and temperature dropped. There was a gentle breeze and the sky was my favorite. Deep blue with big puffy white & silver clouds- beautiful!! It was one of those days when you just want to be outside and today looks very promising. As I was driving in to work with my windows rolled down, I admired the sky as I sat at a traffic light. The clouds were so bright, white and inviting- I just wanted to reach out and touch one. The whole idea of sitting on a cloud and playing a harp? (Forgettaboutit- that only happens in cartoons) It's amazing how something can look like a solid mass, but when you get closer to the clouds you find there really is no substance to them- instead they are only masses of misty vapors.

To read, investigate and share what I believe is an important part of my journey. I embraced many philosophies in my lifetime, but when times turned bad, these ideas turned out to be lacking real substance. I realized that I literally 'had my head in the clouds'. My security was built upon approval seeking. My life was based on things that seemed solid, but when the wind began to blow it all evaporated... I was stranded with no sure foundation on which to build my life. People change, trends pass, theories evolve, time slips away and often we find ourselves feeling as if we're stranded mid-air with nothing to hold on to.

I guess the opposite of a cloud would be a rock. Clouds drift and change shapes, but a rock is a solid mass that endures through the passages of time. God has captured my attention, but He is not a fleeting presence. His love is an unchanging force in my life. He is my Rock and my fortress- a shelter in the time of storm...

4 comments:

QUASAR9 said...

Hi Trailady

for you: JAM

Trailady said...

:o) Brian :o)

Hi Quasar9, That's a cool animation, but I was unable to read the text- very small print. I have visited several blogs lately and couldn't read them for the same reason. Could this be something about my browser setting perhaps?

Tim Rice said...

Somehow, I think we need both clouds and rock(s) to live life to the fullest. We need both the changing and the unchanged to keep us living in the fullest sense of living.

David said...

It reminds me of the lyrics, "Cotton candy clouds, so pretty and white, who put you there in a sky so blue?..." I always liked that song. It eventually says that only God could do all that we see in nature. Clouds are beautiful. To me they are reminders of grace, since they came about after the destructive flood.

Take care, Trailady.