Thursday, February 09, 2006

Can You See Me?

There's nothing worse than living your life unseen or rejected. To feel as if you are invisible or lumped into a cruel stereo-type. Many times my heart has cried out "Can you see ME"? Do you know my capacity to love? Do you see my creativity, my desire to know Truth? Do you know the great passion for life that is in me? The answer to this question has often been "no". Few people take time these days to really get to know each other- to let their guards down and be vulnerable. We rarely look beyond the surface of race or religion to find the deep, hidden treasures of a soul. How many opportunities are missed each day because of this?? Emotionally & spiritually anorexic, we work hard for material things that can't love us back and starve ourselves for what we need most: heart-to-heart connections. Someone wise once said, "Indifference is worse than hatred." I count myself fortunate to have a wonderful person in my life. He is witness to my personal & spiritual journey. He knows me better than anyone else and we have a history. I thank God for this special man who shares my life, my bed, my children, life's joys and sorrows. He is faithful to me & I to him.
A most satisfying knowledge is that God sees ALL. He is Omnipotent- all powerful, Omniscient- all seeing, and Omnipresent- always where you are. In the loneliest & darkest times of my life I have found great comfort in knowing God is with me. He doesn't often manifest Himself in big miracles, more often He moves in simple ways. Often Divinity chooses to comfort me through a verse or song, a smile or a soft touch from the warm, calloused hand of my husband. Other times, God speaks to me while someone looks into my eyes, telling me "It's going to be okay". Many people don't ask for much in life- they just want to be seen, felt, heard, understood. They want to know they make a difference in this life. Everyone has a gift, a story to tell. God, help me to notice people.

8 comments:

Raheel Lakhani said...

yeh now I have seen alot of changes.. program like Oprah and Dr. Phil do bring such wonderful stories. By saying US and the west, I don't mean to say that everyone is like that. But the statistics that I see tell me that there are high rates of crime, drugs teenage pregnancy and abusiveness.. most of these problems are not in adults but teens. I see many people cursing on tv. These have made a view in my mind but I really confess that stories that I hear from other people also gives me idea that you people in general have more heart and ethics for human as whole but some things just scare me. There are good and bad people everywhere. There are some issues in west which are now getting noticed and you nice people are working hard to make a difference :).. bravo! I never think about people as groups but yes culture is something in which you analyze in bird eye's view. I don't know whether you agree to my opinions or not because you know better you live there but one thing you will certainly agree to that current bush administration is such a mess and disgrace. Government, not public, have done alot of injustice with them and shown cruel behavior towards them.. they only know. Sometimes I think like can Osama also Bush's creation?!

I visited your blog and it has impressed me very much. Your articles are very logical and well-written. I agree with everything you said in this post. My life mantra is also the same. I think you should check my hope blogs too.

On a lighter note, can I borrow some chickens.. I just love 'em :p

BrainSyke said...

Peeka booo. I see you! LOL

Raheel: you sure you meant to comment on this blog post? :-) Things dont need to be political all the time.

Anyways...

Trailady: I dont know what to say to this. You have once again brought about a very subtle point; a point that often reflects the difference between thoughtful leaders and the rest. We often lose forget to place value in people. An ancient chinese philospher once said: " one who knows others in clever, and the one who knows himself/herself is enlightened!"

Being understood maynot be as troubling, as the feeling of being misunderstood. I shall definately keep what you said in mind.

btw, i noticed you have stopped commenting on my blog. that is okay, but i hope its not because I have offended you by being ignorant in any way.

Trailady said...

Hi Brainsyke, I commented on your most recent article about women, but I think I was number 17. I read yours daily & enjoy. :o)

Trailady said...

Raheel, you tapped into a very important truth in saying there are good & bad people everywhere. The media & movies often paint a bad picture because that is what keeps people watching. They don't tell the good stories. There are bad representatives of Christianity, there are also poor examples of Islam. We cannot judge all believers of any faith by what a few people say or do. We are very aware of the problems in our country and many like Oprah & Dr. Phil work hard to see an end to suffering here and around the world. Teen pregnancy rates are falling. More and more it is illegal to smoke in public places, etc. Many of the ones doing these things are not Christian. I can't speak for everyone, only for myself, but I want there to be peace. I see pictures of the mourners in the middle east after a suicide bomb has gone off and my heart breaks for them. I think of how I would feel if it were my loved ones & friends being killed. In fact, I read that a bomb went off in Pakistan today. Pray for my country and I will pray for yours. I believe God hears.
I would loan you a chicken, but they are very expensive to mail. :o) Peace to you, my friend.

Royce said...

trailady you continually astound me with your ability to accept others points of view, while reatining your own belief system! Bravo. If we had more christians like you then Bush would have never been re-elcted. Can you beleive he is talking about Iran next. He needs a good beatdown!!

Royce said...

retaining your belief system, retaining was the word I clumsily tried to type!!! ( must be all that ballet, I'm tired )

Trailady said...

Royce, you crack me up!! I guess it boils down to the fact that I don't like being told what to think and feel, so I don't tell others what to think and feel either. I'm passionate about what I believe, and I respect when other people feel strongly about something different. I enjoy variety in life! Hearing different views stimulate my mind to further growth. Oh boy- Iran- what next North Korea? When does it end??

Raheel Lakhani said...

brainsyke.. It was both comment on this post and reply of her comment on my post :)