Wednesday, February 01, 2006

In the Zone...

There's a certain time about 20 minutes into each of my workouts when I begin to feel my "rush". The music is pumpin', heart is poundin', sweatin' like crazy and feels like I could go another hour. I call this being "in the zone". All the stiffness and pain from my injuries disappears, my joints are moving well and I feel strong. Gotta love that!! I'm learning there is a zone spiritually-speaking too. Reverence, prayer, forgiveness and love are not merely actions/reactions, but a state of being. When we are "in the zone" we aren't hurting, stiff people anymore and we don't have to constantly focus on producing "good behavior"- it flows naturally when the heart is in the right place. True, getting in the zone of fitness takes some effort on my part. There are choices to make. For example, I have to get up, dress, get my girls ready & drive myself to the gym. But it's SO worth it for the results I get & the endorphin fix afterward. Likewise, I must choose each day whether I will connect with God or not. Once I make that connection, I can be "in the zone" with Him for the rest of the day. God desires for us to be physically and spiritually fit so we can have a better life- WAY cool!!

Ephesian 3:14-20, "For this reason I pray to The Father, from whom every family in Heaven and on Earth is named, that according to the riches of His glory He may grant you to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith- that you may be rooted and grounded in love. May you have strength to comprehend what is the breadth, length, height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to Him Who is able to do far more than all we can ask or imagine, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus for all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

5 comments:

Ana Victoria said...

Trailady: I am so happy I founded you. Read what you post is very calming after a busy day with 2 babies. HE uses differents ways to reach the hearts of the people and certanly you are one! I learn lots of things reading you!
Thank you very much!
(Sorry, My english is no so good)

Trailady said...

Hi Anavi! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. :o) We are all on this journey together.

BrainSyke said...

free association thats all. people feel differently for different reasons. Everyone gets the "zone" in work out. ints andreneline (if i spelled that right :-)

It is good to praise God. We should all be careful of inacorrect corelations, because it astrays us.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I never really thought of it that way, but I guess its true.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I am limited in my own blog as far as use of bold letters, etc. I don't have many choices on mine - it is messed up. It is cool to see this joining of photos and meaningful writing.