Wednesday, February 15, 2006

It's a New Day!!

- Last night I slept soundly. I've been praying, "God, return my strength so I can get out of my bed and resume daily life." My husband is a kind man who cares for me well, but he's getting tired of doing so much. Today is the first day that my head doesn't pound and I'm feeling better! Not all the way, but very close... God is good!
- Valentine's Day was not a complete waste after all! We called the children to us and passed out the pretty little heart boxes full of chocolate to them, but we told them they must wait to eat it until we are all in better health. I gave my man a BIG Chocolate heart with peanut-butter inside. He bought me a Tempurpedic pillow for my neck and a $50 gift card to Bath & Body Works so I can buy some new sweet-smelling body lotions.

- On top of all my husband's been doing for me, he's been hunting the predator that continues to kill our chickens. We are now down to 11 laying hens! Started out with 60!! I'm watching my business go down the drain and I'm too weak to do anything about it. Before dawn this morning, my husband went down the hill and actually SAW that it's a BIG racoon. Unfortunately, it saw him too and took off! It will be back tonight. It has been digging under the outside wall of our barn, reaching in, grabbing a chicken and dragging her out. I hate to kill anything, I know the 'Coon is just trying to eat, but we cannot continue to lose our hens like this. We don't raise them to be racoon food. We've tried everything we can to stop this brute and he persists, so I think the only solution is to take him out completely... (Well, I guess there are certain things I don't mind killing. Hornets, Wasps, Flies, Roaches, Ticks, Fleas, Scorpions, Fire Ants and certain snakes. I respect bees that make honey- Hornets & Wasps simply build ugly nests in my barn and sting my children!)
- I don't feel so badly about the ranting letter today. We're trying to think of something kind we can do for this lady. Guess I'm getting some of my energy back? Life will beat you down, but you have to get up and keep going. God blessed me with plenty of spunk. I've had to learn to control my fiery ways, but the passion in me I consider a gift. I'm not ashamed of it- I only ask that God will channel that passion in the right direction.
- In the news today:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11362123/ My heart goes out to the father of the children. God rest their souls... Asian Bird Flu also seems to be making Headlines around the world. Heaven help us!

I PROMISE to try and do some light-hearted posts shortly. I feel the need for some joy & laughter!! :o)

8 comments:

Raheel Lakhani said...

I hope everything on your side gets bright and well soon. Chocolates.. nice gift :)

Raheel Lakhani said...

..and your husband seems to be a very nice person :)

Sam!! said...

Hi friend,

Glad to know that u r feeling better now :)

Lucky to have such a kind n caring husband, i m sure he is a much more lucky man then u, my best wishes for both of u n ur kids :)

Yeah news related to natural disasters, accidents, murders, etc. take us to depressions but still God is there so dnt loose hope n u know He dnt give anyone pain more than he/she can holds. This world have to end oneday, we all have to die. Main thing is to do our jobs honestly, love all and try to maintain peace in our home world.

So friend take ur first step towards peace n smile :) :)

prayers,
samrina

David said...

Trailady,
If you need something cheerful, I wrote some more about Pingo. Its a little comical. Hope your day gets better.
Your friend.

BrainSyke said...

Today I am being a perfect procrastinator...actually all this week. why do i do this :-)

Trailady said...

Brainsyke, Maybe you are just tired?

Fahd Mirza said...

relax fella

Trailady said...

David, I love your Pingo stories!! :o)