Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Delicate Flower

My soul is a delicate flower
do not tread heavily upon me,
All I need to grow

is to know the One who made me,
It's not your place to uproot or crush,
to pluck my petals and prune away
That is the job of the Gardener
He works with me each day.

It's not for you to decide
what kind of bloom or shade I must be,
(Your opinion will most surely be slanted)
I respond to the Source from whence my life was granted
Pray for me, then let me be, why be so heavy-handed?
With God's tender, loving care,
I'll bloom where I am planted.

~ Paula W. Woodruff

5 comments:

Fahd Mirza said...

I dont have words to describe my utmost respect I feel towards you.

You are simply the most kind-hearted lady, I have ever met.

Thanks for your supreme posts on my blog. Believe me, its a great grand honour. Thanks.

If you dont mind, I have added you to my blogroll.

BrainSyke said...

hey. lady...beautiful poem.

Sam!! said...

Beautiful words:)

Thnx alot for calling me ur friend , love to have u as my friend, HAPPY FRIENDSHIP :)

Sister my prayers r always there for u n ur people, by the way for me all r same, ur people r mine n mine r urs. All r God's creature n equally respectable for me.

Thnx alot for all of ur comments that were all so meaningful :)

Hope u stay in touch.

Takecare n prayers,
samrina

Trailady said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words, you make me smile! :o)

Tim Rice said...

Beautiful poem and a beautiful flower.