Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Word to the Wise :o)

WOW- lucky me!! (You probably didn't know this, but I am SOOO important!!) I'm contacted daily by "high-ranking officials of various foreign governments" asking me to help them move massive amounts of money out of their accounts & into mine. I'm SOOO powerful- they look to me to rescue them from all their troubles. Me- a little housewife, songwriter & chicken farmer in TN!!! Let's see now, I've been contacted by scores of people in Nigeria & countless other countries I've never even heard of. I'm SOOO popular & successful, my Inbox is clogged and I receive at least a dozen or more offers a week to join in this business venture or that. My "successful business reputation" is such that I've been heard of all around the world. However, I'm so busy saving the world that I've had to turn down offers to sell everything from chocolates to insurance. Because I'm SOOOO incredibly rich, I've been invited to invest in hundreds of businesses around the world. I am SOOO loved by my admirers that they are constantly sending me offers for pills that will prevent aging, change my life, help me lose weight & have a better sex life. Yeee-haw!!! Click the link below for a cartoon offering some helpful advice:

http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann/pub/swf/may02-smilepop-soapbox4.swf

Now we don't have to fall for all those e-mail scams!! PS. No Prince, Ambassador or Grand Pooba from a foreign embassy in Kokomahani is really going to deposit millions of dollars into our bank accounts because of war, persecution or plane crash. Don't be gullible and give out Social Security, Credit Card or Bank Account information to these schemers!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I found that video on http://www.youtube.com

Whitney said...

Mrs. Bickerson here from the blog post about my dog with the bone stuck to her mandible. Thanks for commenting! Yes, the bone thing was a first for us. I guess my other dogs never chewed marrow bones like Peggy does. She's fine now. The sedation medication has made her quite drowsy and she put herself in her crate tonight for bedtime. That was a first. Anyway....how did you find my blog? Just curious. I will be checking yours out now..... :-) Whitney

Trailady said...

Hi Mrs. B, I was just surfing the Blogs when I found yours and I enjoyed reading. Thanks for visiting me here. Glad your dog will be okay- I'm sure you're releived!!! One of our cats got a fish-hook run through her lower jaw- that was a nightmare! We raced her to the vet & he got it out. Poor cat!

kathi said...

I get several of these a day, they go to my junk mail, but I usually check it before deleting everything. I've also started getting some from women saying they were brought to the U.S. for marriage and left and need help getting home. Hmmmmmmm, how about I give you the name of my church or the addy to a good shelter. :)

Anonymous said...

This was very funny! I fell for a couple of these scams when I first got email.

Royce said...

My boss at work was selling an antique dresser on Ebay, I don't have all the details right I'm sure but someone from a foreign country sent her a money order for over the amount of the dresser if she would cash the money order and pay for shipping. then send any left over to him. Well of course the money order was forged, she lost her dresser and she had to make reparations to the freight company ( not to the bank, don't know why ). FBI was at her doorstep a day or two after she cashed the money order, scared the crap outta her!!