Monday, June 19, 2006

The Latest...

It was a nice weekend! My husband & I went out to eat with friends to celebrate my birthday at the Olive Garden- YUM! (My birthday is actually next weekend, but we went out early, since I will be on a trip next weekend.) I finally got to wear my new green dress- got it out of lay-away, it's a bit loose as I picked it out before I lost 8 more lbs... I told my man not to embarass me by having the waiters do the whole 'Happy Birthday' thing. Somehow, they found out anyway! Still not sure how they knew- as Jay denies having anything to do with it. Oh well. Always nice to hang out with friends though!

We picked our oldest daughter up and dropped our two middle children off at camp Sunday afternoon. Like me, she has a heart for horses and did specialty camp for Horsemanship last week. The camp bug has bitten! She had a wonderful time and told us all about it on the way home. The house seems so quiet with two of the kids gone now, but I'm sure they will have their own adventures to tell about when we pick them up at the end of the week! :o) Our littlest one will have to wait another 2 years before she will be old enough to go. I tried to do some special things with her so she didn't feel left out.

My Grandfather Campbell in Missouri is dying. He had an anyuerism in his chest, along with several other problems. His liver and kidneys are failing. My Aunts are now left with the painful decision of deciding when to shut the life support down. I will be getting a phone call any time now with grave news. This is the last remaining of my biological grandparents. I only had a chance to know my Grandpa for a little while as a girl. He was an interesting person. I'll try to write more about him in the next couple of days. This is going to be a BUSY week for me.

My man has been REALLY productive around here since he was put on "Administrative Leave". He managed to get the pool fixed, filled and running. He got the yard mowed and the treehouse nearly completed- also did some work in the barn. Poor guy has lost about 15 lbs from all the stress we've been under. (He looks good though!) The situation at the radio network was investigated last week. In the end- once again, the organization failed to deal justly. They voted to keep the current leadership in place and dropped 6 families who had sold houses, etc just over a year ago to follow the ministry down here. I feel so WIERD inside! My temper is threatening to flare over this, and yet I am relaxed as I know God has seen this injustice and it will not go unpunished. In a way, it's a relief to think maybe we have a better future ahead of us without being involved with radio ministry. Sadly, I really don't see a bright future ahead for LifeTalk. I'm grieving in a way too, because we invested SOOO much of ourselves into this career. God, I REALLY don't know what You are doing, but I'm trying to be brave and trust that You are in control... there are some prospects on the horizon- for my husband and for me... stay tuned...

A comment left by 'Anonymous' on my last post is a classic example of the insensitive, finger-pointing, judgemental attitudes that exist out there. This person felt it her duty to very boldly put me in my place, but didn't have the courage to leave her name. Why? (I think it's because she knew she was wrong to treat me that way- especially since I haven't done any disrespect to her.) Am I angry? Nah. I'm developing thicker skin when it comes to this kind of thing. If this was years ago, I would've been devastated and crying in my room, examining myself and doubting my motives. NOT anymore! God is pleased with the way I'm living my life, my sins are covered and I'm resting in His love. My life isn't perfect by any means- in fact, it's been pretty rough- at times I have felt like Job. But I have healthy, well-adjusted children and a man who is supportive of me. My advice to 'Anonymous'? Weed your own garden!!

Until we first master how to LOVE people, we have NO business going around correcting others or telling them how they should live.

6 comments:

Trailady said...

Hey Brian! Thanks for stopping by and for the well wishes. I appreciate you!! :o)

What if there were no labels to live up to? I believe labels are a manmade thing that create walls between us- barriers to unity. You may not consider yourself a Christian but I think you are definitely a child of God.

I didn't realize you weren't a singer/musician! Guess I missed something somewhere in our blogging. In all honesty, with so many fellow bloggers out there, sometimes it's hard to keep track of who does what. I think it's really neat that you took a phrase of mine and turned it into a song. Wow! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey Trailady, I've finally had a chance to logon to your blog. Unfortunately, I only had a chance to read your latest entry. I'm just so used to getting the e-mail updates... :( Maybe I'll make this my homepage!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Wish I'd have remembered, I'd have sent you a card or something.

I'll try to call you later and we can figure out when I'm going to come visit you.

Love you Sis!

kairosnow said...

good to be back.

Happy birthday to you!

Roseuvsharon said...

Okay, I've been hearing a lot about these things called living wills. Your post helps me to see that having a living will and your family knowing what you would want done can be a very loving gift to your family.

Unfortunately, though the organ donation program is a wonderful blessing, I've seen to many fictitious movies/tv shows and read too many scholarly articles about how it can be abused.

So, I won't sign the back of my driver's license showing I'm an organ donor, but my husband knows that I would want my organs to help someone if they could. That's what is important, that he knows.

On another note: b flat, because that's the key we clarinetists play in....

Happy Birthday!!

Trailady said...

Grandpa has stated his wishes not to be on life support, but it was never put into writing. Now, since he opens his eyes and appears to be looking around every so often, it is very difficult for my Aunts to pull the plug. Tough, very tough situation.

Trailady said...

Hey Katrina- thanks for stopping in!!! Good to hear from you. Yes, definitely come see me sometime. I really miss you and we have a lot to catch up on.

Love Ya!!! :o)