Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My Dream Truck!

Okay, I visited the Dodge Truck Site again today. (I do this from time to time) Pictured above is my dream ride. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about having a mini-van, it's very practical for a mother of 4 to drive around- it gets me where I need to go- has no guts though and I'd trade it in a heartbeat for one of the above. I have no ambition to drive a cute little sports car when the kids are grown. Nope, Trailady likes TRUCKS!!!

1) You can get just about anywhere in them :o)
2) The new trucks are sweet enough to go to church or out on the town
3) You can put a wet dog in the back after a long day at the lake
4) Good for hauling hay, tack, feed & firewood
5) Convenient for biking enthusiasts- just load the gear on the back
6) I LOVE to camp in the back of a truck. Simply blow up an air mattress, load it & some blankets in the back. Lay down & snuggle under the stars. (If it's cold & wet you can always put a cap on the back.)
7) When you have a truck, you get a little respect on the road

Here's what I'm wondering: have you had a Dodge truck? Can you think of other things a pick-up is good for?? What's your dream ride???

5 comments:

Royce said...

I really like the practicle side of truck also. I have had several.
'66 dodge, '75 gmc, '72 chevy.
And like you I drive a van, albeit a full size conversion van, that I got a steal on. Seats 7 with ease so our family loves it.

Dream rig if it was a truck, pre 72 chevy long bed 4x4, 454 engine and turbo 400 tranny set up for low end power and 'wheeling.
Dream car '67 'vette, 427 with triple 2 barrel carbs....actually drove one once, that was an experience!!

Jody said...

I'm a Volvo girl now, but before I became a Volvo girl I wanted a '62 Dodge Pick up (I think, it may have been older!) so badly. My friend Isaac is a mechanic and he wanted me to buy it, too, so he could drop a "360" from some thunderbird in his garage. I smiled and nodded like I knew what he was talking about, but it was sold before I could even look at it. I loved the body style- it looked kind of like those old, old Fords and Chevys you sometimes see. I'll never forget the ad line : Runs good, needs paint.

Man, I wanted it!

BrainSyke said...

trucks give me a higer blood pressure just by thinking about fuel :-)

Trailady said...

Royce & Jody, Yep, I like classics too. I am attracted to vehicles with a little personality in the design. The cutaway sides on the Dodge trucks is very appealing to my eye.

HA HA, Brainsyke- yes, I agree the fuel costs would be more for this ride... My mini-van gets about 24 miles per gallon. Not bad.

S A J Shirazi said...

Yes, dream truck.