Thursday, June 22, 2006

Shootin' the Breeze

I switched to a new Dr. recently- got too expensive to keep travelling to our former home town in order to see my old Chiropractor. He was the sweet & grandfatherly type who had years of experience under his belt and I trusted him. I must admit, I was doubtful when I visited my new Chiropractor for the first time. He's a lot younger, but WOW- he sure knows what he's doing! (I have a bulging disk in my lower back, it's been a bother for the last 5 years- since carrying my last pregnancy.) In two weeks time, this new Dr. has me feeling brand new. What a difference!! I can really feel a change for the better during my workouts. My lower back & hips used to kill doing squats & lunges- not anymore. We are fitting in as many appointments as we can before our insurance is cancelled June 30th. My treatments will be touch and go until we get benefits again. If you have back pain or headaches and have never tried Chiropractic, I highly recommend it. I've been under the care of these Docs off and on my whole life. I'd probably be in a wheelchair by now if I hadn't.

Yesterday I subbed for another instructor. Today I re-entered the field of Corporate Wellness, doing 3 lectures for a local industry on behalf of the YMCA. Very exciting! As far as I know, currently the YMCA doesn't have anyone doing CW full time and this was part of my education- so it may lead to something in the future... keep your fingers crossed...
My man is still trying to decide what direction to go as far as career goes. He is considering a few options. I appreciate all the prayers that are going up on our behalf.

I feel I need to say something- and this person knows who she is. I love you and you mean well- just be my friend- okay. I don't need you to be a parent to me. I felt from the start that you view me as inferior to you. There have been many times that you voiced your dreams and I have enthusiastically backed you 100%, yet when I share my dreams you seem to have something negative to say as to why it won't work. I'm a big girl and I research & investigate things too. I don't just fly by the seat of my pants in life with no clue. The way you live is fine if you are okay with it, but I'm not like you. God has a different calling on my life. You may not accept or understand it, but I believe with all my heart I am called to do music and that should be respected- even if you don't agree. It is possible to be BOTH a mother and be actively involved in ministry. In fact, even a well known historical figure in our church came under fire for leaving her children with trusted friends while doing ministry. My husband has no hobbies because that's the way he CHOOSES to live. He's a laid-back phlegmatic who works hard, but his idea of relaxing is working around the house or sleeping. I know this is vastly different than the way your husband is. You have NO idea how many times I've all but pushed my man out the door to go do something with the guys, he simply won't. He moved around so much, he's never really known what it's like to have a group of close friends to go out and do stuff with. It hurts when you criticize without knowing the whole situation. You have done some very kind things for my family in the past for which I am grateful and even blogged about. I would like to have a relationship with you and some others in your circle, but I keep feeling like I'm getting slapped in the face and stabbed in the back. Oh yes, how the rumors have travelled... If you have the courage to discuss this, I'm open- you know my e-mail address. And in the words of Forest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

My two middle children come home from camp tomorrow. I can't wait to hear of their grand adventures. It's been so quiet around here- missed the noise. :o)

9 comments:

Raheel Lakhani said...

Glad to hear that you are improving. Don't take people that seriously. Life is sometimes cruel and so are people. People are there to talk, criticize and gossip.. it is you which matters the most. If you are right then you don't have to worry much. I am not saying that be silent, you should voice out your opinion but don't take to heart.. not good for health.

Good luck to you and your family :)

Trailady said...

Thanks Raheel. Thanks for stopping by I've missed you. :o)

Jody said...

My husband is like this, too. He likes to read articles online, read the Bible 3 or 4 times a day. Mostly just sit around. He's not the social type at all. This can be a good thing when all I want to do is relax or go to a book cafe. But if I want to go out and do something, or if I want him to go out and do something he just won't. I've learned to accept this, but people talk. I think some people take it personally, so they hurl insults and make up rumors. I've had to get used to it. But yeah, we would get left out of a lot of activities because my husband wouldn't want to do that activity.

Sam!! said...

My prayers r always there with u n ur family my friend. Its really gud to know that u r improving. I m also sick of my sensitive nature so cant say that stop thinking about others n taking things seriously but still watever Raheel stated above is very true, may we can follow that. Sometimes its really hard to live life with all the facts n cruel realities but still friend we have to live.

May God bring loads of happiness n peace in our all lifes.

Takecare.

AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

oh i hope u get well soon and dat the new doc works wonders
take care :)

Jonathan said...

Hey Trailady,
Just want you to know that you've been in my prayers. I support you all the way in your music minsitry. You know my dreams as far as that goes and no matter the opposition we can encourage each other to press on.

God has been pouring all kinds of inspiration on lately. Want to hear some of the songs I've been writing here in Honduras? Go to this page:

http://www.jonathanmeharry.com/newmusic.php

I'm somewhat new to song writing but I figure if I keep at it and write from the heart it will be a blessing and it's bound to improve.

Take Care and I pray for peace, love, strength, and wisdom for you and your family. May blessing be poured out on all of you.

Brother in Christ,
Jon

Kuan Gung said...

Have you given any thought to yoga?
Forgive me if you have. It's worked miracles for me...best of luck

Trailady said...

Hello Everyone- I'm back. Thank you again for sharing your words of wisdom- very much appreciated.

Jonathan, thank you for your prayer support. It is nice to have other people who understand my calling. Motherhood is my first and foremost calling, but on 1-2 weekends a month, I am to go out and share what I've learned via music. Most of the people in the scripture who had a calling from God were misunderstood. Not that I'm comparing myself with them, but when we do something meaningful in life we will be misunderstood. I will definitely check out your new music online.

Keep writing!! :o)

If you just surfed in to this blog, welcome!!! :o)

Trailady said...

Kuan, Hello and yes, I am hoping to start a Yoga class in the Fall. I think it will be helpful in de-stressing my life. Thanks for stopping by!! :o)