Monday, June 12, 2006

Limitations...

Limitations are hard to accept. They come in many forms. Financially, genetically, socially. Limitations can be cruel, but some are necessary for the greater good- speed limits and stop signs are helpful. It is hard for a person to live in a wheelchair when they long to dance. It hurts to have a heart full of passion and few to share it with. What torment to have good intentions, but not enough lifetime to carry them all out. I once heard, "Inspiration without expression leads to depression". I cannot agree more. A gifted painter with no canvas, a musician with no instrument, a believer with no voice, a writer with no pen, a free-thinker with no freedom of choice, a barren woman- all can experience immense frustration.

I've never seen Divinity, but I have felt it in my heart. I've never been to Heaven, but I know it exists because I can imagine more than we know in this life. If there is nothing greater, why this intense longing in me? I have no doubt humankind was meant to live forever. There's simply not enough time in the 70-80 years we're given on earth to read all the books we want to read, to try all the experiences that would enrich, to pursue humanitarian causes, etc. To me this is the cruelest limitation of all.

I'm thankful for the years and opportunities I've had, for the growth I've experienced and good memories made. But I want to be so much more...

6 comments:

Dh@v@! said...

Limitations are good some time but frustrating most of the time....
nice post..
keep it up...

BrainSyke said...

Brian, I agree. that was a strong and true state Traillady.

Check and limiatations are all set in balance in all that exists. Humans have free will and free desire and imagination.

The soul is limited with in this world. There are 6 stages of the soul. Only one stage is the permanent.

first - before conception, when soul is created (limitation and free will differs)

second - when baby becomes alive in the womb (limiations, free will defers)

third - from birth till death (limitations, free will differs)

fourth - after death, the sould once again leaves the body.

fifth - we do not know much about this state except that it is a trasitionary stage between this world and the eternal hereafter. Both world are behind two "curtains"

sixth - When Judgement day arrieves, and all souls shall be erected for a Fair, Merciful,Harsh, and accurate assesment by our Creator, and souls shall then find their way to what it has earned

Arthur Brokop II said...

like Brian, Inspiration without expression leads to depressing rang out loud, clear, and honest...
I like Brainske's 6 stages of the soul...where did he get that from?
I was going to say, true, Humankind was meant to live forever, and actually we will...death is not an end, only a transition.

Trailady said...

Brian, I figured you could relate since you are a poet. :o)

dh@v@, Thanks for stopping by- visit anytime...

Brainsyke, The stages of life you have described is a neat concept. We are curious where this is from?

Hi Maryellen, you are correct, death is not the end. I am glad to have hope for something better than the life we know here on earth. :o)

Andy said...

I've never seen Divinity, but I have felt it in my heart.

Beautiful. That, dear sister, is a wonderful encapsulation of Christ in our lives.

BrainSyke said...

This has been revealed to us all by God Himself, and I got it from the Quran.

article 1: Link

article 2: Link

you can find much here as well : http://harunyahya.com/