Friday, March 17, 2006

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!

Saint Patrick, was a slave in Ireland. He managed to escape & returned to his home in England, but hearing the call of God to take the Gospel to the largely pagan culture of Ireland, he returned as a missionary. He later became known as the Apostle of Ireland, became bishop of Ireland sometime after 431. Many legends exist about his life, including that he drove the snakes out of Ireland, as is depicted in the picture above. Saint Patrick’s Day is celebrated each year on March 17.
I'm proud of my strong Irish heritage!! I love green, have reddish hair, fair skin & blue eyes. I also have the inner fire so often attributed to the Celts. The Irish are known as passionate people who love words and music. I would certainly fit into that category as a musician and one who writes songs & poetry. Nothing lights me up as quickly as the sound of a good Irish Jig or Reel. I've never been to Ireland, but someday..... My Grandmother (Gallagher) was Irish Catholic. There's a lot of Irish in my blood. Today I'm wearing my green shamrock hat and we'll have lunch at O'Charley's like we do every year. Enjoy the day!! :o)

6 comments:

Deb said...

Today would have been my Grandma's Birthday. I go bowling in her honor because she loved to bowl.

Irish people ROCK

Oh and Happy FRIDAY i am eating corned beef and potates tonight...no cabbage for me ICKA

Ana Victoria said...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY for you too! This is a very important day for my family too. My husband is Irish, from Dublin and the 28 of march we are moving back to live in Ireland againg after 4 years of living in Sweeden.
It is true...you look like an irish girl! I hope someday you visit the land of your grandmother!
Your posts are very good and I love to read them
Best regards from AnavĂ­

Gingers Mom said...

Erin Go Bragh! My husband's family is Irish and it has become a big holiday in our family too. We are celebrating with a big traditional corned beef and cabbage meal. Have a great St. Patrick's day!

Unknown said...

How bout a nice firm handshake? :-)

MovinMan said...

My wife has Irish in her lineage as well. Sure make life interesting. Anyway, it's always great to celebrate a Sabbath keeping Protestant reformer such as St. Patrick.

K

Anonymous said...

I am also irish and lots of it. Yes my temper gets the best of me sometimes, but the good side is that I live with passion. In all honesty there are many other culture with temper so Im not sure why the irish get labeled as being the angry ones. Dont ever get a cuban, french, italian, arab, redneck or a german angry its not pretty either.