Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Whas Up?!

Well, I've lost 8 lbs. Oh YEAH!! I feel stronger and my clothes fit better- as most of the weight I lost around my middle. I've been workin' it HARD at the gym- cardio and toning. I do 2 hrs. Mon, Wed, Fri, and 1 hr. Tu & Thurs. I've got some kick-butt aerobic/dance instructors!! My goal was to lose 15 lbs so I have 7 more to go. Not trying to be stick-skinny or picture perfect- just the best ME I can be. Some YMCA job options may open up in the near future- I'll keep you posted.

I composed my first song for the new 'Message of Mercy' this week, entitled 'Whosever Will'. I'm excited about our new sound!

Finally feels like we're getting settled into our new location. We're making connections in our community. It's been a year since we moved. We hope to build another house in the next few years. Sadly, we had to leave the beautiful Cape Cod we built after only living in it for 2 years! We'd like to sell this place & build the same design we had before- just a bit bigger. We'll see....

So why the little dog picture?? Don't let it's furry cuteness fool you! I got BIT yesterday!! My 2 Lab mixes were minding their own business playing in OUR yard when the neighbors' psycho Chihuahua mix (sp?) came under the fence and started trying to boss my dogs around. River decided to "play" with the little menace and of course, the little dog started yipping loudly- as if River was killing it. Entertained by the sudden change of attitude in the smaller dog, River continued to "play". He didn't mean any harm, but being the bigger dog he was just too rough for the Toy dog to handle and it just kept screaming it's head off. I tried to call my dog off, but he wouldn't listen. So my friend Tom grabbed River for me while I tried to help the Toy get away safely. As I was reaching down to assist the little thing, it bit me out of fear! Yep, sank it's teeth right into the end of my middle finger. That was all it grabbed- I was pulling my hand back, but one of it's canines sank in deeply just behind my finger-nail, while the other tooth went all the way to the bone on the underside. Boy did it bleed!! Throbbed so badly, I walked around with my finger in the air and it looked like I was flipping everyone off. It's still sore today, but otherwise looks fine. This is the first time I've ever been bitten by a dog- and it's one I've petted on numerous occasions no less! Note to self: I really don't care for yippy, shaky, nervous, bully, migit dogs! Grrrrrrr, OK thinking happy thoughts now- everybody sing along, "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad... I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feeeel sooooo baaaad."

7 comments:

BrainSyke said...

I love animals. I remeber chasing street cats, and dogs..or any dog that wasnt on a leash when I was little.Yea, I got myself bitten by them dogs a few times.

Trailady said...

I love animals too, just not when they try their teeth out on me. LOL

Anonymous said...

Any scared animal may bite. Happy ut was not too serious. Be careful out there!

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Royce said...

Yippy dogs not my favorite either, I have had two really good yippers though, sorry about the finger that bites( sorry couldn't resist ). Hey go down a few posts to the one about money not meaning a lot, I posted a comment about a book you might like.

Royce said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Really cool. tomorrows workout for me.
snatches 3left 3right=one set
start a new set at the begining of every minute for 30 minutes
30 minutes=30sets
180 reps
puke bag
oh yeah!

Trailady said...

Royce, you crack me up!!!! :o)