Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Que Pasa?!

Well, I'm really excited for several reasons!! First, I've been hired by the YMCA to teach on Tues. & Thurs. starting in June. I'll be teaching Pilates & Interval Cardio classes. It's only 4 classes a week, but it's a foot in the door. Eventually I hope to do more. Such a GREAT organization! I SO enjoy fitness. I've lost 8 lbs, but I'm kind of in a holding pattern right now- just going to keep having a good time workin' it and see what happens.

Today, my man & I meet with another Producer from Nashville. Jeremy Midkiff has worked with several of our friends and we are WAY impressed with his work. When the first Producer found himself in way over his head with other projects and after nearly a year of waiting and realizing our project isn't going to be a priority, we decided to give Mr. Midkiff a chance. When you are a 30 something musician, you don't have time to sit around waiting for someone to "get to you". We've been writing/singing our hearts out for 16 years now. I stay busy with performances, but the ministry isn't going to the next level- until we have a CD done. I've written a lot of songs and need to get them recorded. If you'd like to hear a sample of the work I did for Contemporary Christian group 'Message of Mercy', click the link on the right of this page to visit their site & hear clips of our music. (Make sure you click for samples of the 'Movin' On' album, since I wasn't with the group when they did their first project) Keep this in your prayers as the future is unclear for this project as far as finances go...

In other news, we are helping a new Christian Cafe worship forum get off the ground and will appear regularly at this venue. Check it out: http://www.thenextripple.com

We're going away early tomorrow morning for a little get-away to Hilton Head, SC. My husband will be helping a radio station down there and in exchange, they are putting us up in a Hampton Inn for a long weekend. The children are VERY much looking forward to this time away as a family- so am I. Maybe this will allow my husband to destress and enjoy the kids a little? Hope so.

PS. Blogger didn't like my little soundblox music player, so without even notifying me, they shut it down. Something to do with mp3 copyright issues. It was nice while it lasted. Wish they would have told me BEFORE I did all the work of setting it up. That's life... Be well, my friends! :o)

9 comments:

Andy said...

My prayers are with you for a breakthrough in the industry - have a safe journey as well!

Regarding Soundblox - that's the 1st I've heard about Blogger shutting it down...I also saw a note in the forums for Laszlo Systems (the developer of Soundblox) that they shut it down due "to attacks via PHP security holes" (whatever that means). Alas, it is the day the music died...for now. There will be another streaming music choice soon enough...

Gingers Mom said...

Congratualtions on your new job. you must be in FANTASTIC shape. Envy....

Hasan Mubarak said...

Congratulations on your new job!

and best of luck for future...

do give me some tips to loose such enormous extra weight...

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

Tim Rice said...

It sounds like you have some exciting times ahead of you. Congratulations on your new job.

gmc said...

Dear,

just a question, nothing in regard with your post:

what does US opinion think about the movie (documentary made by a american 22 years old student) "loose change" which is telling with much evidences that the 11th of september 2001, the US government organized the biggest robbery ever seen in human history by killing thousand of american citizens (including 343 new york firemen) just to have the right to go to afghanistan and iraq and to steal 160 billions dollars of gold.
do we have to think that america is now "in greed we trust" and anything else? is america in the ahands of the "lords of war"? (movie featuring nicolas cage).

here is the link (subtitled in french but you can easily find it in original version):


http://www.dailymotion.com/blog/video/76435?key=tpde2wwu6tboxa0xca18f1cv1tux46aey4krvtd9&play=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fgarde-a-vue.over-blog.com%2Farchive-03-21-2006.html

thanks for the answer

David said...

I hope the long weekend is very rewarding to you, hubby, and the children. I really enjoy your Message of Mercy CD. I will love to hear more CDs from you.

~Dizzy Miss Lizzy~ said...

congratulations on your new job. It sounds very fun. Also your career as a singer songwriter sounds amazing. You guys are good :) Anyways have fun on your vacation.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Pray for me to lose weight. Since the photo in my mock resume 3 years ago - I'm huge. help me God.