Monday, March 27, 2006

We're Back...

We had a nice get-away. Didn't get to swim at all. The hotel they put us in didn't have an indoor pool and it was WAY too chilly to use the outdoor facility. We did have a nice time walking the beach, eating out and browsing the little shops. I love to watch my children's delight as they find shells and other treasures on the shore. There were jellyfish washed up all over the beach- had to be careful we didn't step in them. There were a few things we could've done if we had more $$. It would have been great to rent bikes and ride up & down the beach with the kids... maybe next time...

In other news, met with Producer, Jeremy Midkiff. He is down to earth, nice to talk to, knowledgeable about music AND specializes in the sound we're looking for. Providence? When we let the other Producer know that because of time constraints we were going a different direction, he sent us back a short little message that indicates he's taken this somewhat personally. (I hope not, he's a nice guy & I'll be working with him for several other projects.) We need to work with someone who will make us a priority and take us seriously. However, now we need to raise $8,000 in order to get what we want. I've been pleading with God to make a way. We'll see what happens. It's not easy being independant artists... Testing the waters. Would love to be full time musicians- if that's not the will of God for our lives, I'll probably be going back to school to finish a nursing degree. I've gotten my hopes up SO many times & have been the victim of too many empty promises & flattering words. Everybody I've approached thinks the music is great, but nobody wants to help finance this venture. I hate money, because the lack of it holds us down. There are people out there who will exploit your dreams for their own benefit. I feel kinda strung out right now! I was hoping to come back from vacation with more clarity, instead we have just as many open-ended ideas as we did before... To be on the verge of seeing a dream come true, but not sure if it will really ever happen is bitter-sweet torment. I believed with all my heart from the time I was 5 that I was meant to do music. I felt called. I know God saw me standing on my front porch singing into the garden hose. So many times I chase this idea around in my head, because maybe it wasn't God calling me after all. Maybe it was just my own ambition reaching for something? But then there are the songs we write. Why would God give so much music & a desire to get out there with it and never give us a chance to use it?? That would be the worst kind of cruelty. That's like giving someone a lot of money & telling them they can never spend it. We just want more opportunities to do music and ministry- and that may come only when I have a CD.

I'm interested to know: What is/was YOUR dream? Did you give up on your dream or do you believe it will come true??

5 comments:

gmc said...

a dream is a dream, it is something you want to possess; having is quite the opposite of being: anything you have is a chain which makes you enable to be or to receive christ; remember "you've had taken off the clothes of the old man" (Ep4,22-24) (the translation in english is not perfect): what are these clothes? they are "I, me, mine, my", they represents possession.

Andy said...

For me, it's not about dreams anymore - it's about enjoying each day. We had a prayer session after church yesterday in which one of our members was really anxious about test results she was going to receive today, and one of our elders read for her Matt 6: 34 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

That is how I try to live my life these days.

Perhaps you have been called to music ministry - but God's simply saying, "Not yet."

Sam!! said...

Hi,

Hope u doing fine there n ur family aswell.

Well dreams give us hope to live, dreams keep us struggling, keep us praying and dreams keep us alive.
We all do dream and some of them come to reality n some not. It's in God's hands, if God thinks its gud for us than He brings it to reality for us otherwise not, as we by ourselves dnt know wat is gud n bad for us.

So i do dream and do effort for it with honesty n leave results at God as He got everything in His hands n knows wat is best for me.

Takecare,

samrina

Trailady said...

Good thoughts, everyone!! :o) Anyone else have anything to add to this discussion??

Trailady said...

Best wishes, Elisa! :o)