Monday, August 21, 2006

Manic Monday!

My Dad & Stepmom were here to visit over the weekend. We had a good time. The kids really enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. Always nice to have visitors. :o) We went to the IMAX theatre and watched 'Deep Blue Sea'- narrated by Johnny Depp & Kate Winslet. It was very good and felt as if we were diving. NEAT! Had a nice supper together at the Olive Garden. (My favorite place to eat) Why do I always feel a little drained after visitors leave?

WOW- today was "interesting"! Got up extra early to see my parents off. Got my children off to school. Drove to pick up little Emma. She is SO cute!! Got back to the house and received a phone call from a friend stating that an appointment was actually 2 hrs earlier than I had planned. I adjusted my schedule accordingly. Then the school called to advise me that I had committed a 'Felony'. You see, my son has allergic rhinitis (Hay Fever) Late Summer/Early Fall his eyes start watering and itching, he sneezes a lot. So, I sent some of his medicine in a sealed envelope with the name of the school nurse and instructions written. Well, little did I know that policies have changed recently- that is now ILLEGAL! Oh boy!! They were really nice about it, but boy did I feel DUMB!

Loaded up Emma and my two homeschoolers and headed out the door. On the way to my appointment to do voice work at the church, I got a call from the YMCA asking if I could cover 2 hrs in the afternoon? "I'm sorry, but I'm already booked up for today". They were understanding. Arrived at the church where a friend with sound equipment was waiting. Read my scripts while the girls played with Emma, then loaded up and headed to the elementary school to pick up my other 2 kids. Went back to the church to do 3 1/2 hrs of recording with 'The Mercy Kids'- on a song I wrote for their CD. Emma played with the kids until she was exhausted, then fell asleep. We had to record in a pipin' HOT room. The kids were miserable! I was sweating buckets, but acted energetic, gave inspirational speeches and tried hard for the sound we wanted out of them. Finally ran out of time. What we recorded will have to stand. Met Emma's Mom and sent her home for the evening. Then came home to ice my foot and try to unwind. Tomorrow the circus starts all over again. THANK GOD my Interval Cardio class is over until September!! Hope I will be ready by then. My left heel & arch still burns like fire when I stand on it.

Deep Thought for the Day: "Make sure you wear really GOOD shoes when you workout, because a damaged ligament in your foot is NO fun!" LOL

Finally got home and collapsed on the couch. My man felt sorry for me, so he made an emergency run for Ice Cream! How sweet!! :o)

5 comments:

billie said...

nothing better than ice cream :) except maybe a back rub :)

Wriju said...

Wow what a day. And I thought I had a hectic day. I feel so lazy reading your post!

Trailady said...

Lisa, I make ME tired too. ha ha

Betmo, Backrub sounds good, maybe I'll hit him up for one tonight...

Wriju, Welcome to my busy life. Reading your blog always helps me relax. :o)

QUASAR9 said...

Hey, Trailady
It's nice to have a partner
to rush out for icecream
when you get home tired.


I was gonna say a man, but equally nice if a woman does it for her partner

Trailady said...

Very True, Quasar9!! :o)