Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ten Things God Won't Ask...

...God won't ask what kind of car you drove, He'll ask how many people you drove who didn't have transportation.

...He won't ask the square footage of your house, He'll ask how many people you welcomed into your home.

...God won't ask about the clothes you had in your closet, He'll ask how many you helped to clothe.

...He won't ask what your highest salary was, He'll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it.

...God won't ask what your job title was, He'll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability.

...He won't ask how many friends you had, He'll ask how many people to whom you were a friend.

...God won't ask in what neighborhood you lived, He'll ask how you treated your neighbors.

...He won't ask about the color of your skin, He'll ask about the content of your character.

...God won't ask why it took you so long to seek Salvation, He'll lovingly welcome you to Paradise.

...He won't ask how many facts you memorized and taught about the Bible, He'll ask how much your heart understood and applied it's principles to your own life.

...God won' ask what church you were a member of or how many times you sat in a pew on The Lord's Day, He'll want to know how many times you truly worshipped.

6 comments:

Trailady said...

Very true, Brian!! :o)

QUASAR9 said...

AMEN!!!

"It IS the Spirit of The Law
no the letter of The Law!!!"

Royce said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

Yes Barb is doing the right thing by taking care of her dad and helping Garnet, and her and her mom still have issues.

Garnett beleives Bob's death is her buisiness, and refuses to tell anyone ( including her son ) how bad Bob is.

Barb felt it was her duty to tell her family how bad he is, of course it caused another rift between them.

Enough of our family dynamics though, it is really stressfull for Barb and Garnett and I attribute most of the conflict to that. I am still working out but on a maintenance type schedule, and i am taking care of everything here in Prescott so Barb can stay down there as much as she needs. Not much free time lately but everybody has been on my mind.

Thanks again for the very kind comments.

Royce.

David said...

This is why I hesitate to go to my 30 year class reunion this year. I don't want to talk about all the upity stuff and advertise my great giftedness. What a waste of time when this world is going away. What matters is how often we have truly worshiped. I really like that last sentence of your post. That is powerful.

Nabeel said...

this is such an inspiring post .. very true .. material doesn't matter what matters are the intensions and the acts we do .. kind acts is what God looks for .. "Love your fellow men"

I totally agree with Brian .. and He will also ask .. the one you loved .. did you love with all your heart ..

Trailady said...

Quasar9, Well I say a hearty "Amen" to what you said! :o)

Royce, My heart is with you & your family. Remember- focus on managing & maintaining, my friend. That is a huge task considering the circumstances.

David, Yes, that does seem to be the alumni thing to do. However, I've attended several reunions as my simple-minded self and people are still glad to see me.

Nabeel, I just wanted to say "Hi", I agree with your feedback and thanks for stopping by. :o)