Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Survey Says?

Instructor evaluations were submitted for 3 weeks in July. Wasn't sure what to expect, since I had a rough start taking over one of the most popular fitness classes from one of the most popular instructors. Talk about intimidating!! Beth had built quite a loyal following- which is great- except she moved away. I came in to fill the spot. I am trained in Classical Mat Pilates while she was into the Pilates Fusion classes, so our approaches are a little different. I do some fusion & ball work, but with more of a stretching emphasis than she did. Anyway, complaints abounded when I first started: "Music is too loud", "The class is different than Beth's", "The new instructor doesn't use the same terminology", etc. There were days when I felt VERY discouraged. 2 ladies didn't even give me a chance, they just quit. They have the right, but it makes me feel like I have failed them somewhat...

Anyway, I was sweatin' these evaluations! However, PTL the results turned out to be positive. Every instructor is ranked a 1-5 in several areas: Starts & ends class on time, Music Volume, Class Format, Challenge Level, Instructor inspires you to be your best, etc. A "1" being the lowest. I received 22 sheets that gave me high rankings as an instructor. The other 4 were VERY negative. Mainly complaining about music volume being too soft or too loud. One lady said the class "isn't challenging enough for her". Hmmm, guess she's super fit then!? Another person wrote "Instructor is too cheezy". I wasn't sure what to make of that since I don't cut jokes or be stupid in class. The other 2 surveys, it seemed clear to me the ladies simply wanted to trash me. They ranked me all #1's. I have never started or ended class late, and always introduce myself, so they could definitely have ranked me higher on those things. Obviously either a slam session or they got confused and thought #1 was the best ranking? Hey- maybe they just DON'T like petite, redheaded instructors. LOL I can't please everyone, but I try.

Today, one of the die-hards who dropped out of my class during the changeover showed up! Yeah!! Maybe she'll give me a chance to prove myself? She appeared to have enjoyed the class. My boss sat in for half of the class to observe. Aside from a few small suggestions, she said she is quite happy with my instruction and that she continues to get good feedback from members. The floor is packed, so it's going well! I'm lovin' it!! :o)

(Sorry, but I still can't get blogger to post pictures! This is disappointing 'cause my blog could be so much better with pics. It used to work just fine- go figure?)

7 comments:

QUASAR9 said...

Trailady what do you mean blogger wont let tou upload pictures -

You mean uou haven't got
ADD IMAGE facility???

which when you click takes you to
UPLOAD image from SEARCH (for file)
they have to be jpg I think.

QUASAR9 said...

I've just looked at your webpage
You got no problem with pics and photos there

If you give me an e-mail
I'll send you a picture html to try out.
I can't post it on here
Won't acceept the tags etc ...

I'll look in a little later, see if we can't get you posting pics, supposing you really want to or need to. lol!

Jody said...

I'm having trouble loading images, too. I think Blogger gets temperamental sometimes.

Your customer satisfaction forms sound positive overall- but that's stressful. I think you have the right attitude- you can't please everyone, and it's their choice to stop coming to class if their grievance is petty. People get dogmatic about fitness, I've noticed.

Roseuvsharon said...

Glad you got good reviews! I would say it was no sweat, but that wouldn't be right. Sweat is what makes it work, right!

Trailady said...

Hey Brian, There was an old saying, "You can please some people some of the time, but never all of the people all of the time."

Quasar, I do all the steps necessary to upload pictures, but it just does nothing- won't publish. I used to have so much fun posting photos, but now it doesn't work. I've even republished my entire blog hoping that would help with no success. :o(

Jody, Yes, you hit that nail on the head- dogmatic is a good word.

Lisa, You crack me up!!

Rose, thanks for the kind words and your LOL! ;o)

Inheritor, thanks for the suggestion. How would I go about getting the FireFox you mentioned??

Raheel Lakhani said...

Blogger sometimes can be very annoying.. I hope it get fixed.

zameer said...

hitefield
Bangalore, Karnataka 560066
099806 58125Karnataka 562123
080736 70915
SHREE SAI PACKERS AND MOVERS
#18/3, 30ft road,, sri krishna colony,
kuduregere main road,, alur post,
Bangalore,
Packers and movers bangalore

Guru TV Repair
52 shampura main road, Munni veerappa layout
Kaval bairasandra
Bengaluru, Karnataka 560032
080888 33910
Led tv repair in bangalore

Graphica Gauges and Tools
S. No. 37, Ramnagar, Ramnagar Tempo Chowk,Vadgoensheri
Pune, Maharashtra 411014
098508 84992
Thread Ring Gauges

iRobo Wellness Private Limited
AryaHub Mall No. 22
Hope farm Junction W
<a href="https://www.google.com/maps?cid=11218264627802907321