Monday, January 02, 2006

9-1-1 Loves Me!

Okay, so I'm headed down the interstate in the hammer lane, minding my own business, and all of a sudden when I check my rear-view mirror I see this little green pick-up coming up on my tail unusually fast. He gets right UP on my bumper, then I hear a siren wailing and see a cop coming up fast. I check, then start to ease over into the right-hand lane.... I'm about half-way over and I hear a horn honk. SNAP- there is the little green truck right beside me and I'm about to connect with him!! I veered left and he shot ahead of me. Before I can get over in the slow lane, the cop is passing me on the right and flashing me a smile and a 'thumbs up' sign as if I MEANT to deter the driver of the green truck by running him off the road! Meantime, a big PURSE comes hurling from the pick-up, hits my hood and goes under my van. Okay, time for me to get more pro-active here, I dial 9-1-1 on my cell as about 8 other cops go screaming by to let them know about the purse:

Them: "9-1-1 Dispatch, what's your location and emergency?"
Me: "Yeah, I'm southbound on 75, a little green pick-up truck just passed me after I just about side-swiped him and he threw a purse out the window. You might want it for evidence?"
Them: "Yes we're on it- one of our officers saw that and has stopped to pick it up."
Me: "Okay, good!"
Them: "Thanks for being a concerned citizen and calling in."
Me: "No problem- whoo-hooo, go get 'em boys!"
Them: "Okay ma'am, be careful out there and drive safely now. Love ya, Bye." CLICK

HA HA HA- not only did I get a little adrenaline rush from being in the middle of a high-speed chase, I now know that 9-1-1 dispatch "loves me". (I'm so in the habit of saying "Love ya, Bye" on the phone that I once said it to a mortgage broker at the end of a call- SO EMBARRASSING!! Glad I'm not the ONLY one that's ever done that!!!) Have YOU ever done something insane and regrettable??

3 comments:

Deb said...

I am so glad to know that other people have wacky experiences!

I am glad you are safe and sound and I work for AMEX and yes I've told a cardmember I love them...um OOPS! LOL...yes Mr. so-in-so you have to pay your bill...but I love you. rofl

Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

You go get em! Crime stopper LOL

Unknown said...

I have a bad habit of absentmindedly calling people "hon" since that is what I often call Scooby. I just get weird looks.