Monday, January 23, 2006

The Weekend...

Had a good, romantic weekend! My man & I traveled down to Nosoca Pines Ranch, SC to do music & lead praise for a Lay Advisory retreat. Enjoyed a chance to talk all the way there & back without the kids interrupting us. (They all stayed with friends.) We had a nice room & the food was good. We ran into 2 friends from college- Jonathan & Ellie Fritz. We all ate lunch together and did a little catching up. They have a lovely daughter & a little boy 4 mos. old. I got to hold their little one during the service & got my baby "fix".
The main speaker spoke about taking time to live balanced lives. Taking time to work, play, laugh and pray- he was preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned! It was fun!! I SO enjoy getting to be alone with my man. Our relationship is getting better & better. We have made it through SO MUCH together!! So to all those who were making bets at our wedding that we wouldn't make it because we were young & still in college.... a big God, and a marriage of 13 yrs says you pessimists were WAY WRONG! I love the Shania Twain song 'You're Still the One'. Yep, we have our share of battle-scars, but we're still goin' strong...

It's always nice to get away & then come home again. Enjoy picking up the kids and hearing how all their weekends went. I love being a family!!

5 comments:

BrainSyke said...

I was utterly bored this weekend. Getting bored is a sign of uselessness and uncreativity. I let me self be

Trailady said...

Hey Brain, I'm sorry you were bored- maybe next weekend will be better? :o)

Anonymous said...

My weekend was boring to! I was really bad sick with the flu. Spent most of my time in the bathroom, but you didnt want to know that did you. Glad you had a nice time.

Anonymous said...

I admire you for taking the opportunity to create some "alone" time with your man. A trip like the one you described could have been "all business" but instead you worked it together and used the time not only to share with others, but also to share with each other. You two must have a fantastic relationship.

Anonymous said...

Paula, that is so neat you saw Jonathon and Ellie Fritz! I think Ellie was in my class, or a year younger. We didn't have many of the same classes, but I still thought a lot of her, that she was really neat. I didn't keep up with her, or them. How old are both of their kids? email me if you like! Sorry I've not checked in with your blog in a while! Hope you're okay! Miss ya!