Thursday, January 26, 2006

Workin' It...

One month into my new regimen at the YMCA I haven't lost any weight, but look and feel better. My body is more toned & my heart is stronger. My first morning class is Aerobic Cross-training- includes step, then Abs class followed by LZ Aerobics- which is floor dance. The important thing for any program is that you enjoy what you're doing- if you hate it, you'll quit. This body was made to MOVE & I am having so much fun! The first class I have each morning has a kick-butt instructor! We lunge, jump and do hand-weights till our muscles are burning, I really have to pace myself until I get stronger- but it's great! If possible, I would eventually like to work at this YMCA, but I'm biding my time and getting to know the staff a little better. I like to work with staff that are good team players- don't like getting caught up in co-worker dramas. (I'm sure you know what I mean) It was that way when I did my internship in TX & kinda ruins the fun. As soon as I got there, the split staffers were trying to pull me onto opposite sides of the power struggle- I don't play like that! So far, so good though and I've been impressed with what I've seen where I am. We'll see... I'm learning to be patient...

5 comments:

BrainSyke said...

I was athiest at some point...a long time ago...wasnt right, so I pulled out all books and connected dots through the centuries :-)

Trailady said...

That's Cool!!

Gingers Mom said...

Good for you going out there and getting healthy! How ever do you find the time with FOUR kids?? Your picture looks incredible, I only hope I could get back to that after this pregnancy. I feel like I am going to be chubby forever.

Anonymous said...

Like you said, the trick is to find an activity that you enjoy doing. Those of us who don't thrill to just being able to move our bodies have a tougher time making exercise a priority. I can get into exercise if it goes beyond increasing my heart rate. Give me something productive like pushing a mower or splitting wood so I can see that something is being accomplished - especially if changes in my body take a while to evidence themselves. At least I'll have something to feel good about.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I hope you see the movie Spanglish for its humorous and meaningful comments about weight. It makes you think, anyway...

Many people don't exercise at all if they aren't doing something major for exercise, but a little goes a long way if it's regular. But don't use my bod as an example!