Monday, January 02, 2006

Uncovering the Wounds...

My youngest daughter was bit by a neighbor's cat this past summer. It quickly festered up something terrible! We had to get her on antibiotics right away. The Dr. cleaned it out, put a bandage over the wound and sent us home. Several days later the infection hadn't spread, but it wasn't healing either. The first step in healing the wound was to take off the bandage & look at the wound. It was UGLY- all blue, green, purple and swollen. We soaked it in hot water, let it drain & cleaned it out with disinfectant. After doing this unpleasant ritual several times, the wound healed and today you can't even see the marks. :o)
Emotional/spiritual wounds are very similar. We've ALL been hurt, we ALL struggle. Most people cover their inner pain and don't really let anyone in. They fester emotionally, but they are afraid of what other people may think of them if they are honest. This was me for many, many years. Today, I'm involved in ministry, but only because the Good Lord has given me the opportunity. Apparently some person(s) are uncomfortable with the honesty I have shared in this blog. I have no desire to be anybody's hero and I'm not afraid to be honest about the challenges I've faced. I don't have all the answers, but God does and He's walking with me as I try and discover what it really means to be a follower of Christ.
This Blog is entitled 'My Journey' because I'm still learning, healing and growing. It's a place in cyberspace where I can record my thoughts, convictions and experiences. I welcome feedback, but know that most of all, I want hurting people out there who happen to find this blog to know you are not alone and you are loved! Jesus said He did not come for the "Well" people but for those willing to admit they are sick and in need of the Great Physician. I once was lost (you can be just as lost sitting in a church pew as when you're drunk in the gutter) but now I'm found. We can go on pretending we're all A okay and have it all together, or we can be real. We can rejoice together for victories won and support each other when trials come. I want this blog to be a safe place to drop the masks. God wants to remove the filthy rags we cover our wounds with and introduce us to the healing Balm of Gilead, Jesus Christ. Come and be healed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just keep being yourself and dont worry about it!

Roseuvsharon said...

Truth hurts, but it shouldn't. Paul says we should speak the truth in love. Thanks for sharing honestly and lovingly of yourself.

Fallen Angel said...

Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog. I don't doubt that you would talk to me. You seem real to me. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character, and I sense realness in you. I think you've been hurt and "lost" and now you have found your place. Its wonderful to finally find your place. I think you live in the real world, and I could actually have a real conversation with you, unlike some people who constantly spew god this and god that, trying to convert me or something. Its not god I have anything against, its his fan club I can't stand. I've confronted Sharon on her blog a few times, asked questions. Based on my level of offensiveness I guess, she has either ignored my thoughts or her reply to everything is "Cause the Bible says so, and I love god", spoken not unlike a stepford wife.
Thank you for being real, and kind, and nice enough to visit my little spot in cyberspace, even though I'm very different than you. You and Karl both have been kind and non-judgemental. Thank you both.